Growers who's got a 1 gallon bag grow to show off

• Thread starter yobbocrack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

yobbocrack

I want to try 3 x 1 gal bags with 100% coco to grow to harvest with no topping under 420watts i always have been just doing 1 plant in a 3 gal bag with it topped but i got some fem seeds i want to use up.
If growers got some 1 gal pics to show off please do or information to growing in a 1 gal bag.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
PXL 20221113 041659468

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Posted the pic, no details. 100% coir, 6x 2min fertigations during light cycle. had five more to match it for a while, culled all of em. tape measure is touching platform. 720w LED, was running somewhere around 400w at the time of pic. front row ag two part nutrients, h2o2 because fuck organics in hydro.

EDIT: I started the 1gal 1lb challenge originally. I could've killed it with the plant pictured. I could've filled the 4x4 tent with that plant, easily. 1gal of coco is underestimated with the right system. #fightme

Y

yobbocrack

The reason why i want to try smaller bag that is less than 3 gal is i find after harvest when i removed the old coco from the bag there is still plenty of room for more roots but i reckon its because the plant only grows to 100cm tall a 3 gal bag could take a much larger plant with more roots i might even try 2 x 2 gal plants but the 1 gal bag is tempting thanks for the pic tobh 3 of those plants would give a good yeild.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
The reason why i want to try smaller bag that is less than 3 gal is i find after harvest when i removed the old coco from the bag there is still plenty of room for more roots but i reckon its because the plant only grows to 100cm tall a 3 gal bag could take a much larger plant with more roots i might even try 2 x 2 gal plants but the 1 gal bag is tempting thanks for the pic tobh 3 of those plants would give a good yeild.
1 gal of coco is roughly 1 cubic ft of root mass. in a fabric pot, that's a lot of volume to be filled. if I wanted to grow an outright tree, i would do 3 gal, veg for six months, at minimum and flower. 1gal is adequate for damn near anything "home grown."

EDIT: before going full hydro I was a coco evangelist, ran rooms on it. not "rooms" like small tents, 3bd, 2ba house rooms on it. never ran bigger than 1gal. it's dumb how big of plant you can grow in 1gal coco. looks impossible until you see it.

SSgrower

SSgrower

2 might be the sweet spot, I use 3 gallon material bags 3/4 full. Coco is expensive in bags at least. You have to buffer Pro-mix bales or other block style coco. I use Canna Coco or Coco Royale when I can get the 50L bags,Carry on SS

Top Bottom