GrowHobo and Spider Farmer SE5000

• Thread starter GrowHobo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Flipping to 12/12 tonight. Looking like one of the reg Fruity Pebbles is gonna be a dude but everything else is showing female for sure. I can always throw in a clone if I have and holes. Doubtful though. Probably run 12/12 for a week and pull a few clones clean everything up and put in a net. A few taller plants are showing what looks like phosphorus def on some older growth. I gotta assume it’s from being overwatered and under fed when I first upped to the 3gal. Not gonna chase it. Running straight promix. Probably use a slight amendment next to go round. Lights still about 24” at 55%. Some could handle more light but some don’t want it so it’s a happy medium.

0E3A23A1 906E 4157 9687 400AD2B44F58
GrowHobo

GrowHobo

I also forgot to mention my tap water is 250ppm soooo that’s an issue also. I’m really not wanting to go too RO water. I need to look into this more.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I also forgot to mention my tap water is 250ppm soooo that’s an issue also. I’m really not wanting to go too RO water. I need to look into this more.
If you can source 5 gal bottles of RO, you can mix RO with the city water at a ratio of 4:1 and that’ll bring the ppms down quite a bit. I did a whole run using 50/50 RO/city water and it worked out great.

GanjaFarmer24

GanjaFarmer24

I took a 5 gallon bucket and dropped a little aquarium air stone in the bottom. I aerate and ph adjust my feed water for 24 hours before using it.

I can also positively attest to using 50/50 tap water and steam distilled.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Trained a few down. Cleaned up the bottoms so I can water with a wand. Need to do more training on a few but my back says no unfortunately. Might just lean in and super crop the last reachers. Also tossed in a mamma plant to replace the male I had she looks a little rough “front right” but I like odd numbers. 😁

35FD1E27 C991 4146 B6A9 5D51EAAB7226
AA0041FD AC8A 4003 B88D 172094F265EF
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
As long as you keep them in veg till they show them selves you are completely safe. If you put them into 12/12 to force them to show then you gotta be super vigilant but I’m with my plants every day so it’s a non issue for me. I’m more worried about fems herming on me personally but generally as long as there is no stress it’s not a big issue. Regs are better more stable genetics without a doubt though.
Nice grow! I find regs a pain in the ass. It sucks planting 7 seeds, nurturing, feeding,lighting,using good soil then finding out 5 are male...it hurts. This grow I'm on now some of my nicest plants ended up being male...I know I grow them too long before sexing but I need a good harvest and small plants just don't cut it for me. These were my last males culled out at 7 weeks old.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Nice grow! I find regs a pain in the ass. It sucks planting 7 seeds, nurturing, feeding,lighting,using good soil then finding out 5 are male...it hurts. This grow I'm on now some of my nicest plants ended up being male...I know I grow them too long before sexing but I need a good harvest and small plants just don't cut it for me. These were my last males culled out at 7 weeks old.View attachment 1171808
Quality of genetics is better in regs but I hear you. I’m always looking for a good mother to keep and I’m not comfortable keeping fem genetics past a second run. To much likelihood of herms. Imo. Clones are always the best bet. It’s fun popping beans though.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Quality of genetics is better in regs but I hear you. I’m always looking for a good mother to keep and I’m not comfortable keeping fem genetics past a second run. To much likelihood of herms. Imo. Clones are always the best bet. It’s fun popping beans though.
I hear you too...I'm just bitching after 2 out of 3 Jet Orange were male. I'll be running regs for ever, I'm going to try and get a few more strains per grow until I get 5-6 strains going perpetually . I had to wipe out every thing after a bad spider mite infestation. So I'm just getting going again with moms and their children. Tying to get something new each batch ( dreams and wishes) lol

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Nice grow! I find regs a pain in the ass. It sucks planting 7 seeds, nurturing, feeding,lighting,using good soil then finding out 5 are male...it hurts. This grow I'm on now some of my nicest plants ended up being male...I know I grow them too long before sexing but I need a good harvest and small plants just don't cut it for me. These were my last males culled out at 7 weeks old.View attachment 1171808
Why don’t you try that leaf testing service? I plan and trying out some regs so I can make my own strains and seeds and will send in samples right away so I can cull out the males besides the best one that way you don’t waste to much time and resources are on a big ass plant that won’t produce buds.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Why don’t you try that leaf testing service? I plan and trying out some regs so I can make my own strains and seeds and will send in samples right away so I can cull out the males besides the best one that way you don’t waste to much time and resources are on a big ass plant that won’t produce buds.
" Why don’t you try that leaf testing service? " ??? Not something I know about....I'll google...tks.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
" Why don’t you try that leaf testing service? " ??? Not something I know about....I'll google...tks.
Okay I did a bit of looking around and found some pricing

It looks very close to what we can buy fem seeds for. I guess its an alternative but it could cost a whack of cash to find the fems...With some of my seed luck being very poor 7 seeds - 2 fems ....5 seeds 1fem...3 seeds 1 fem........I've also had a few lucky seeds where 5 out of 5 where fem ( once).

I think getting an analysis done with these guys is a good idea...I'd like to see how my smoke measures up & how much cat hair I real am smoking.

I saw on one site they wanted 50grams to do their tests with...lol I could be a tester, just send me 50 grams and I'll give you some fancy words and a slick write up....1g for the test 49 for me.lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom