Growilla Alternatives

• Thread starter ghsupply
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

ghsupply

Does anyone know of any alternatives to Growilla Bud 2-5-4 & Veg 5-4-2?

I was suggested by Botanicare that Mother Earth Meal Mix is a good alternative, but I'm not sure.

az2000

az2000

I was suggested by Botanicare that Mother Earth Meal Mix is a good alternative, but I'm not sure.

Growilla looks like good stuff (hadn't heard of it). Why are you looking for alternatives?

G

ghsupply

The line was discontinued and it's almost impossible to get. I'm not sure why they discontinued it.

az2000

az2000

I'm not sure why they discontinued it.

I just googled about it. Something about not meeting California's registration requirements.

I bet you could make your own from raw ingredients. You just need to know sane proportions.

G

ghsupply

I just googled about it. Something about not meeting California's registration requirements.

I bet you could make your own from raw ingredients. You just need to know sane proportions.
That would be pretty awesome! Might be out of my league though, have you ever done that before?

az2000

az2000

That would be pretty awesome! Might be out of my league though, have you ever done that before?

No, I haven't. Sorry, I should have said that. It's just "guanos, earthworm castings, fish meal, and other natural inputs." The "other" part could include blood meal, bone meal, crab meal, etc. Lots of things.

Mother Earth Mix meal is "Feather meal, fish bone meal, crustacean meal, alfalfa meal, neem seed meal, kelp meal, dolomite, gypsum, langbeinite, basalt and potassium sulfate."

I'm sure there are organic growers who put that stuff together. Down-To-Earth (among others) sells those things. You just need to know the proportions.

B

Burned Haze

I’ve tried to mix/buying all the stuff yourself and the shipping is what is what’s going to kill you. Inless you buy a bunch of bags of same brand or they do a freight version with at least a certain amount that makes the greenhouse company happy. It costs your talking 2-4x more than the product . So sometimes you gotta know or have sources ( when I did it I had to buy like 40 bags of stuff, your talking 3-4 bags of same stuff , very costly and obvious when it came up to my door ) Just matters where u live too and even wha kind of car/truck you got cause you can’t fit much in a sports car lol..

—-
Suggestion on brand for dry amendment

www.aurorainnovations.org/uprising-grow.html

what your paying for is not only prime source but do the math when you try to buy those products yourself And then mix em. I think I rather even when I buy 10- 40lb version of everything on their list and tried to mix it. Much easier to buy their bags ( 15-35% Moore costly and your time and storage )

I use a bag of each of their main uprising dry ( 40lb ) amendments a season . It’s honestly very nice way to feed and efficient all ways if you looking at that, you could almost just feed only those bases and never feed anything else and never have any issues ( once every 1-2 weeks )

Been using them since they released this line, been a roots organic guy for over 5+ years ( roots, than soul and own every dry line )

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

I believe the Growilla guys were bought by Sunlight Supply, who makes the Mother Earth Meal Mix.

YES you can get the boxes of the Down-To-Earth ingredients, in different sizes, maybe at a local garden center or even a Lowes. Orchard Supply had the full line (!), may they forever Rest In Peace (or be relaunched, seriously OSH > Lowes, Home Despot, Ace - all by a longshot).

I have most of the main ones but learned the hard way about cooking soil first. I like the different pre mixed dry blends like these for a peace of mind to follow their simple recipe and be safely done.

Vermicrop also makes products like these, also a Grow and a Bloom formula. Its a simple and effective way to feed plants safely without paying for overpriced water with some nutrients in it. My 2 cents.

Latest posts

Top Bottom