Growing a plant useing spotlights

• Thread starter Edinburgh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I have 2 critical and 1 red dwarf in my tent, my boy said i was insane paying what i did for my light, i told him i could grow a small autoflower useing 2 full spec spotlights from home depo, so see the setup? I spot hanging from a power cord and 1 spot in a $10 clamp light i usalley use for sidelight, the bulbs cost $30 a piece, $10 bucks for the clamp, $20 for the power cord, and $10 bucks for the fan, spots are full spec with the highest lumans they sell, plant is 23 days old, when it get to between day 45 and 50 i will have to put it under my booster to flower properly i suppose i could buy a red bulb but im not wasting mony i just wanted to show my boy it's perfectly possible to grow an auto in this home depo way, in fact it's doing just as good as the one in my tent lol, i do use the spots and clamp for sidelight so i knew they would grow a small plant lol.

Growing a plant useing spotlights
Growing a plant useing spotlights 2
Growing a plant useing spotlights 3
Growing a plant useing spotlights 4
Growing a plant useing spotlights 5
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Plant looks vg.

This pretty much how I did it before I could afford a quality LED panel, except, I bought 2-4 light vanity fixtures (~ $20) and LED spot lights, + . hooks to hang the fixture and rachets to raise as the plants got bigger. I recommend 2 cool white (~5000K) and one WW (~3000K) for veg, then the opposite for flower

hth

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I have 2 critical and 1 red dwarf in my tent, my boy said i was insane paying what i did for my light, i told him i could grow a small autoflower useing 2 full spec spotlights from home depo, so see the setup? I spot hanging from a power cord and 1 spot in a $10 clamp light i usalley use for sidelight, the bulbs cost $30 a piece, $10 bucks for the clamp, $20 for the power cord, and $10 bucks for the fan, spots are full spec with the highest lumans they sell, plant is 23 days old, when it get to between day 45 and 50 i will have to put it under my booster to flower properly i suppose i could buy a red bulb but im not wasting mony i just wanted to show my boy it's perfectly possible to grow an auto in this home depo way, in fact it's doing just as good as the one in my tent lol, i do use the spots and clamp for sidelight so i knew they would grow a small plant lol.
they work fine in veg ,i made a 4 bulb fixture from a old bathroom light ,ceramic sockets and hard wired,the plant i have right now were veg under them,didnt go thAT ROUTE for flower though,400 hps ,but main reason i went ahead and pulled the led bulbs was no heat and it was in 30's here at night ,bulbs wouldnt heat the room up

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Ok we r at day 43 growing a dwarf with 2 spotlights i bought from home depo for 60 bucks + 10 for a clamp light i usalley use for sidelight and just replaced, im not gonna flower it under a lightbulb im going to put it under my booster, but yes just bc a light does not say growlight and when it does your gonna pay more does not mean you cant grow a small autoflower i could probably flower it but im not going to waste mony, but at the end these spots do make exelent side light on the cheap!

20200205 170103
20200205 170124

Latest posts

Top Bottom