Growing again after 10 years - CFL

• Thread starter wcb20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wcb20

wcb20

Last time I was newb grower was in 2010. Pics attached are from my new setup compared to the old setup from 2010.

It's now legal in my state so I'm starting again.

So far I've got an "amazon special" going

Spider Farmer 27x27x63 tent -
Vivosun Carbon Filterm -
Hydrofarm Agrobrite CFL system -
Surge Protector + Timer -
LST Kit -

Growing bag seed for the first attempt. I'll move on to Photo Sativas eventually. Im not 100% sold on staying with the CFL. It's a 10,000 lumen bulb but it just seems like I could be getting more light in there. It's also hotter than I thought it would be. I chose CFL BC of price and wattage. I used CFL before and got decent results so maybe I'm over thinking it. The CFL setup I have this time is way better than last time.

I just got the tent setup yesterday and moved the plant in. I'll check the temp and humidity again this evening.. It got up close to 80* (image below shows a high of 77 but this morning it was showing 79) but the closet door was closed and the filter was on the ground and the intake is also down low. I moved the filter to the top of the closet and am going to find a way to pipe in cooler air from outside the closet. I can't leave the closet door open all the time though.. that would solve my issue. Humidity seems to be holding around 40%

I'm going to transplant to its pot with Fox Farms Ocean Forest. Probably a week or so. I am treating it just like I do my veg garden. I sprouted from seed in regular potting mix, then transferred the sprout to a cup in same potting mix. Then It'll go into it's final home once it's roots fill out the cup.

I'm also thinking about lining the inside of the tent with something white. I was thinking about painting cardboard white. My experience and research have shown that a bright, flat, white surface gives a more intense and even reflection and dispersion of the light.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083K5CBVV?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SHB2WF...olid=2S3AG0AKF5H2K&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001UV6P9...olid=2S3AG0AKF5H2K&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VMNSFJ...olid=2S3AG0AKF5H2K&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08F75ZVB...olid=2S3AG0AKF5H2K&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Growing again after 10 years   cfl
Growing again after 10 years   cfl 2
Growing again after 10 years   cfl 3
Growing again after 10 years   cfl 4
Growing again after 10 years   cfl 5
Growing again after 10 years   cfl 6
Growing again after 10 years   cfl 7
wcb20

wcb20

UPDATE:

I tried to link my Imgur album but it wont let me. Keep modifying the link to "invalid(dot)com"
I also tried to update my OP with new pics but can't edit the post anymore. I guess it's been too long.

The CFL died after just a few days and had to be returned. I replaced it with a LED light, Spider Farmer SF1000. Unfortunately, bc the tent is at my GF's place and the light was sent to my house, the plant had to sit on a shelf for a few days with the light very close, but then went back in its tent in the FFOF soil.

Im not sure if it was the MG potting soil that I sprouted it in or the FFOF but it seems to be suffering a little nute burn. I haven't given any supplements yet, just water. Its tap and I haven't tested ph but I've had a few people tell me possible nute burn. The leaves are cupping a bit both up and down and im noticing a few small brown spots on the tips of 2 leaves and side of 1 other.

Otherwise, its really taken off since I put back in the tent. The picture on the shelf is on July 18th, repotted in the tent on the 21st, today is the 29th. I'll be topping just above the 4th node this evening.

The tent is holding around 80F.. between 78 and 81. Its not very humid tho, only average around 40%. I've been misting it with a spray bottle occasionally until I get a humidifier in the tent. I removed the out filter and ran the vent to the closet door. It was just recycling the heat before and running in the upper 80's. I'll put the out filter back on when I flower it. I only have the filter for odor control anyway.

20210718 002259
20210721 151229
20210722 174048
20210726 074244
20210726 133359
20210726 133409
20210726 133455
20210726 133505
20210726 134436
20210726 134501
20210726 134510
Last edited:
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
UPDATE:

I tried to link my Imgur album but it wont let me. Keep modifying the link to "invalid(dot)com"
I also tried to update my OP with new pics but can't edit the post anymore. I guess it's been too long.

The CFL died after just a few days and had to be returned. I replaced it with a LED light, Spider Farmer SF1000. Unfortunately, bc the tent is at my GF's place and the light was sent to my house, the plant had to sit on a shelf for a few days with the light very close, but then went back in its tent in the FFOF soil.

Im not sure if it was the MG potting soil that I sprouted it in or the FFOF but it seems to be suffering a little nute burn. I haven't given any supplements yet, just water. Its tap and I haven't tested ph but I've had a few people tell me possible nute burn. The leaves are cupping a bit both up and down and im noticing a few small brown spots on the tips of 2 leaves and side of 1 other.

Otherwise, its really taken off since I put back in the tent. The picture on the shelf is on July 18th, repotted in the tent on the 21st, today is the 29th. I'll be topping just above the 4th node this evening.

The tent is holding around 80F.. between 78 and 81. Its not very humid tho, only average around 40%. I've been misting it with a spray bottle occasionally until I get a humidifier in the tent. I removed the out filter and ran the vent to the closet door. It was just recycling the heat before and running in the upper 80's. I'll put the out filter back on when I flower it. I only have the filter for odor control anyway.
You’re on the right track now with that spider farmer light. You thought you had decent results before just wait. The led technology has come quite a long way and also affordable. I got great results with a 100 watt viparspectra but im running the sf-1000 for an indoor grow so I can’t wait to see the results.

Top Bottom