Growing Auto Flower Plants For First Time. Need Help!

• Thread starter BadName
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BadName

Things look a little slow, but that is explained by the low light levels. For your next grow, you should probably upgrade the lights, maybe LED or CMH. When submitting pics, it's best to use regular lighting if possible as the red/blue makes it hard to see things. I would also recommend improving your soil or medium, although you haven't done too badly for winging it! I use Promix with composted manure, but folks use everything from Water only to pre-packaged specialty soils complete with nutrients. For this grow, I'd at least get some nutrients/fertilizer in there since peat usually has no nutrients in it, and yard dirt (I am guessing that is what you meant by turf) doesn't have much either. Young plants don't usually need a lot of fertilizer, but if the medium doesn't have much, then the plants will suffer. Keep learning...keep growing!
Yup I all ready looking for new led.. any suggestions what kind led I should use for 4-6 plants in 120cm+120+200cm box? I did order bloom fertilizer since I guess that for vegetables fertilizer it is bit late all ready but will use for next grow both! And I know that lot of ppl mix different soils together to get lot of vitamins and low pH to so they can give more vitamins and fertilizer to maximize grow and harvest.. wanted to try all organic/bio grow for start.. just wish that I would knew that this lamp is way do weak for this box.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
4x4 tent one hid (hps/Mh)(cmh for veg) will do mate. Just need good fans to extract that extra heat and cool the space, dehumidifier as well.
But led wise the market is full of great options. Anything that produces about 700 actual watts output will be ok for up to 4 plants. Side lighting as well and you can get great smoking quantity. Just nothing u will will any trophy etc but good bud nevertheless.
See what’s in your price point and get the best in that category. Cheers and happy growing . Plants life cycle is fun and relaxing brother. Sometimes I’d care less if I didn’t yield much but learned more for the next go and so on

B

BadName

Thanks a lot mate. And I think same (Plants life cycle is fun and relaxing brother. Sometimes I’d care less if I didn’t yield much but learned more for the next go and so on) that's why I wanted to experiment and get experience by learning at same time.. I think practice teach better then learning by reading. And guys in around forums are super friendly and helpful to help!

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Thanks a lot mate. And I think same (Plants life cycle is fun and relaxing brother. Sometimes I’d care less if I didn’t yield much but learned more for the next go and so on) that's why I wanted to experiment and get experience by learning at same time.. I think practice teach better then learning by reading. And guys in around forums are super friendly and helpful to help!
Cheers and happy growing mate

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I have a grow room instead of a tent, using 2x 1000w MH. At my advanced age, I enjoy just sitting in the warm and humid room, with the buzzing of the ballasts (30+ year old magnetic monsters) sounding like buzzing insects and the lights providing warmth...just like visiting Florida without the bugs! I get good yields, but if I worked on it like some folks, I could probably increase it by 25%...but the relaxation is well worth it. I enjoy growing, like I enjoy cooking. If I had to do it for a job, I'd hate both but as day to day thing, I enjoy the zen of it more than the actual yield.
Looking back...I'm using same seeds, same ballasts, same reflectors, same buckets...for the last 30+ years. I'm probably overdue for an upgrade. My grandfather made wine the old Italian way for 50 years and never changed...am I heading for his record? :sweating:

B

BadName

I have a grow room instead of a tent, using 2x 1000w MH. At my advanced age, I enjoy just sitting in the warm and humid room, with the buzzing of the ballasts (30+ year old magnetic monsters) sounding like buzzing insects and the lights providing warmth...just like visiting Florida without the bugs! I get good yields, but if I worked on it like some folks, I could probably increase it by 25%...but the relaxation is well worth it. I enjoy growing, like I enjoy cooking. If I had to do it for a job, I'd hate both but as day to day thing, I enjoy the zen of it more than the actual yield.
Looking back...I'm using same seeds, same ballasts, same reflectors, same buckets...for the last 30+ years. I'm probably overdue for an upgrade. My grandfather made wine the old Italian way for 50 years and never changed...am I heading for his record? :sweating:
Can be so mate.. and I am sure you could get more than 25% extra for some upgrade.. but at same time.. why to change something what all ready work fine.. upgrade might give you lot of extra work and ask for lot of money.. I would love to learn from you tho.. someone who grow for that long is good teacher/master in my eyes. Wish you lot of luck and happy growing!

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

let me ask you a question. You posted on wed asking for some direction. the plants are already 20 days old give er take. My question is this, why didn't you do the legwork and research before you popped the seeds.?

Talk about wingin it. Just do me a favor if and when it all goes to shyt on you. Don't blame the breeder. :D
Don't feel bad I got a free seed from fast buds but they did not check off what strain it was, so I just winged it, I should have used a bigger pot but the plant came out ok, I just did not know what I have.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Ive grown for a decade on and off. Got my shit together last few years. It takes practice but it’s like skateboarding. The fun is the learnin. Once I master growing I’ll prob get bored and try crazy shit to make it hard somehow. Growing upside down using marbles as medium or some madness. I’m honestly getting into breeding and experimenting more than getting weight. (The jars are filling up mind you)
I too am trying my first auto! I’ll see you around most likely as i no nothing about autos except just let em rip and don’t waste time training a bunch. Got a mixed pack for outside and decided to plant one inside for the hell of it. If it’s female I’ll most likely pollinate it for some wicked greasy semi auto outdoor seeds to scatter about in public parks and grandmas flower bed just to be a troll. Welcome to the farm. Good luck

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Autoflowers run different from photoperiod plants, thats not to say you cant throw a few in with your photoperiod plants, I guess the only advice I can give is go real easy on nutrients, they take allot less than a photoperiod, if you give to much the plants are very easy to burn!!!

B

BadName

I have one more question.. how big fan should I have for 120cm x 120cm and 200cm growbox?

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I don't do metric, it depends on how many plants your growing and how your growing them, you need air flow on your plants for allot of reasons, to disperse heat, so you wont get hot spots in your grow area, so your plants won't sweat under lights and develop mold or fungi, to train ect, but you do need air flow on your plants.

B

BadName

I don't do metric, it depends on how many plants your growing and how your growing them, you need air flow on your plants for allot of reasons, to disperse heat, so you wont get hot spots in your grow area, so your plants won't sweat under lights and develop mold or fungi, to train ect, but you do need air flow on your plants.
I plan to grow 4-6 plants in 47"47"79" growbox.. would 12" fan be okay.. what is temperature what I should get for mild plants?

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I plan to grow 4-6 plants in 47"47"79" growbox.. would 12" fan be okay.. what is temperature what I should get for mild plants?
A 14inc box fan would probably work, it depends on how close you Pac your plants together, I have a 3 speed oscillating fan that I use I only had 3 plants running in different forms of growth and had plenty of room I live in an un friendly cannabis state so I'm scared to do big grows, we allways throw some photoperiod plants outdoors, but I only do small autoflower grows for myself, autoflowers are much quicker, and generally tend to smell less though there are exceptions sour livers by methesto comes to mind, prison weed, I did a 6 plant grow I started with my 8 inches oscillating fan but as they grew they got pretty tight, I bought a 14inc 3 speed box fan, this did the trick, like right now I only have 2 plants in veg and 1 in flower I have no idea what it is, when my jack 47 comes I'll start 1 of those, I never run more than 4 plants as that's the cut off from grower to trafficker, so fans have never realy been on my mind except there quiet, my temp varies thru the day, I have a 24 hour reader temp dew point today my plants started out at 72f with a high of 79 now it's 77, remember everything should be hooked to timers, your fan should be on when your lights are on, autoflowers run18 on 6 off, some people run them 24 7 but in my opinion plants need a period of rest.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

They are fine enough. Be careful about over watering them. Go easy on the fertilizer your first grow. Use half of what the manufactuer recommends, once a week. Learn how to check and change the pH of your water. 6.3-6.5 is good. More light is usually better (up to a point obviously. No need to mimic the surface of the Sun. ;-) ) . Lights at 18 hr all the way through. Keep it simple. Then next time, analyze what you learned and change a thing or two. Realize that with gardening, less is often better than more.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Yea people who grow autoflowers will tell you they need allot less nutrients than a photoperiod, and some autoflowers are more touchy than others, when you feed go real easy, I usually start at 1/4 recommend dose and observe the plants, if you gave to much they will let you know very quickly, after feeding your plant is going to perk up, but if your leaves are almost vertical you gave to much, you have to learn to listen to your plants with your eyes, what are you trying to grow? Buy who? Before you start a grow do research on the strain your going to grow, how big does it get? It's likes and dislikes, leafly is a good resource, at least you are not starting blind, I got a free seed from fast buds and they did not check off the strain and I hate flying blind. Had I had info I can't help thinking it would be better, but for people starting out with autoflowers the trick is to understand with these less is best!

B

Brian12

let me ask you a question. You posted on wed asking for some direction. the plants are already 20 days old give er take. My question is this, why didn't you do the legwork and research before you popped the seeds.?

Talk about wingin it. Just do me a favor if and when it all goes to shyt on you. Don't blame the breeder. :D
Cut & print! Wow! Unbridled passion! Slow down you'll wear yerself out! lol

Top Bottom