Growing autoflower next first time.

• Thread starter OTCusp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OTCusp

OTCusp

Going to be growing gorilla glue autoflower and pineapple af next for first time. Any words of wisdom from you guys? I kinda look at it like driving a car, you gotta learn to drive a stick first with photos...lol

Moshmen

Moshmen

Going to be growing gorilla glue autoflower and pineapple af next for first time. Any words of wisdom from you guys? I kinda look at it like driving a car, you gotta learn to drive a stick first with photos...lol
Autos have their place , I grow em , no room for mistakes if your looking for yield. but photos are a better option in my opinion

OTCusp

OTCusp

Got a grow going of GG Autos looks good.

Been using Cal - Mag and Gold Leaf first time. Plus been taking some Leaves off let more light to the Buds.

oLd1
That's a bute man. Thank you for your time.

Static23

Static23

I agree with @Moshmen , no room for mistakes! They are fun though. I have a perpetual autoflower grow that's in it's second year and I've learned a lot about what they do and don't like.
NO TRANSPLANTING! Start them in their forever pot, they seem to like 3 gal. I grow organic, so my plants only get water, but if your giving nutes then start with half of the recommended amount. They don't handle stress very well because they don't have the recovery time of a photo. I would recommend LST if your gonna do any training.

OTCusp

OTCusp

Gotcha! I only have a 2×4 with 3 in it now. Mistake. I'll definitely only do two. How about just going cal mag and straight water?? No nutes?

20220212 174025
Static23

Static23

Gotcha! I only have a 2×4 with 3 in it now. Mistake. I'll definitely only do two. How about just going cal mag and straight water?? No nutes?
What kind of medium are you using? Soil?
I’m growing in living soil that I mixed and cooked myself so it has enough nutes to provide the plant with everything it needs for it’s entire life cycle. I will sometimes feed them with a compost tea for a little extra boost. I have some good tea recipes, one for veg and one for bloom. I’d be happy to share if you’d like.

Static23

Static23

Let's hear it.

OP if you're used to photo potency don't be surprised if you notice a slight drop off in potency.
I would have agreed with you about the drop off in potency just 5 or so years ago but there are some genetics out there now stand up to any photo.

DanC520

DanC520

I’ve had good luck with Mephisto autos. Monsters and no noticeable potency drop off. Ones in my last harvest started in rooters, into solos, into 3 gals. One I’m about to harvest was just rooter to pot. I do grow in coco though. I’ve seen a fair share of smaller ones in soil. I’d imagine coco gives me more wiggle room re: the internal timer.

Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

I would have agreed with you about the drop off in potency just 5 or so years ago but there are some genetics out there now stand up to any photo.
Nah I've grown enough of both and currently growing both. Autos don't have quite the umph of photos in general. Some autos yeah but overall a photo is more potent.

Microstraincollector

Microstraincollector

I grow photos for potency and autos for the quick turn around... They both tend to go up in flames at the end though... Helps in the winter for me to grow autos to keep the tent temps up with the longer lighting cycle.

Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

I grow photos for potency and autos for the quick turn aroun
This is my third straight run growing autos and photo together. I flip the photos when I see the autos start flowering. You're looking at 3 weeks average longer grow with photos so I don't know about quick turnaround. I chopped one auto at day 82 and the second at day 95 two days ago. One photo is ready to chop and will be Friday and one still has a week or so. I haven't found autos finish that much faster iow

Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

Lol so I gather thus far....😁
I haven't stopped growing them they're good. But my last harvest I had a pound of each and the photo disappeared long ago while I'm still smoking remnants of the auto.

OTCusp

OTCusp

What kind of medium are you using? Soil?
I’m growing in living soil that I mixed and cooked myself so it has enough nutes to provide the plant with everything it needs for it’s entire life cycle. I will sometimes feed them with a compost tea for a little extra boost. I have some good tea recipes, one for veg and one for bloom. I’d be happy to share if you’d like.
Yeah man soil. Fox farm everything. Ya kno big bloom, GB, Tb. I was under the impression that the soil packs plenty of punch. Hence my ? I just make sure I run 6.6 - 6.8 ph always does with cal mag. And man ...let photosynthesis do her thing. Imma try at least. If I see deficiency, I'll adjust accordingly.

OTCusp

OTCusp

I might want to know a little more about the tea method. Sounds legit.

Static23

Static23

I might want to know a little more about the tea method. Sounds legit.
The tea thing has been a pretty good thing for me so far. The recipes I posted are the ones I've been using but there are a bunch of good ones out there. I'll post another bloom tea recipe I've used that's pretty good and a little less involved. All you need besides the ingredients is a 5 gal. bucket, pump, air stone, and mesh bags. Put it all together and brew it for about 36 hrs., then just water your plants with it.
37A89A31 EAB1 442B 8155 9C6F92ECD09C 1 201 a

Top Bottom