Growing Auto's on my deck, late night light concerns.

• Thread starter BlueCrabGuy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BlueCrabGuy

Hi Growers,

I plan on putting some Auto's out on my deck. My concern is that I entertain on the deck and use the common strings of LED lights around the railing. The Auto's would be placed near the railing. I know you don't want to mess with out of sequence light for Photo's but will I run into problems with the Auto's on the deck with occasional lights turned on? We entertain about once a week on the deck.

Thanks for your help!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I don’t think I would worry too much about it. But there was a guy on this site, who is in the process of reveging an auto, and doing it successfully. But it was taking a long time and a concerted effort to get it done. But, what I would worry about is those lights attracting moths and other critters, and then laying eggs on your plants. I would be very worried about that. Good luck.

B

BlueCrabGuy

I don’t think I would worry too much about it. But there was a guy on this site, who is in the process of reveging an auto, and doing it successfully. But it was taking a long time and a concerted effort to get it done. But, what I would worry about is those lights attracting moths and other critters, and then laying eggs on your plants. I would be very worried about that. Good luck.
Thanks for the response. Is there something I can put on the plants to keep the bugs away that will not be harmful to the plants or me?

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Thanks for the response. Is there something I can put on the plants to keep the bugs away that will not be harmful to the plants or me?
Never during flower tho!

IMG 6672
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
IMO, black out your porch and backyard if you have one as much as possible. And the darker the area around your plants, the better. Let the neighbors lights attract them over there. autos are small. Shouldn’t take long to visually inspect them, stem to stern, top to bottom. You might find eggs before they hatch if they are there. You should be getting up close and personal with your plants anyway. The earlier you find stuff going south, the better. Go out front tonight and turn on your porch light and see if it attracts a bunch of insects. I will at least give you an idea of what might be heading your way. I am not trying to scare the hell out of you. You might not have any problems if you do nothing. But it never hurts to try and tips the odds just a little more in your favor. Caterpillars are no joke, especially in flower! And moths are the main culprit! So be on your guard! And my plants are out in pitch black with no ambient light. Never seen a caterpillar. My brother got blown out of the water by them in his well lit backyard. Then he took out all of the light the next year and reduce the problem by 95%. Grow on, blue crab!

Top Bottom