Growing Equatorials - Are there any special techniques

• Thread starter MIGrampaUSA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Maybe, but training methods like multiple topping and manifolding are totally feasible. The plant will tell you what it needs in your space, you're a good enough grower to listen.

I'm just about to drop some Sotho Heights, from Seeds of Africa, also a 100% sativa. Gonna start some of these off at 13/11 with higher temps and more red in the spectrum, and some under my normal 19/5 veg time. It'll be interesting to see the differences.

Yes, you're basically reading my mind from lots of topping to keep size under control to varying the light schedule from the norm. Only difference is I wanted to give them uv ir and 660 nm red.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yes, you're basically reading my mind from lots of topping to keep size under control to varying the light schedule from the norm. Only difference is I wanted to give them uv ir and 660 nm red.

That red diode is to make them grow bigger. Lol

Bruce Bugby at rhe university of utah proved like 25% more growth than without in led tests.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'm aware of that lol. But won't the blues in UV part help balance that out?

Well the red light will cause more stretch regardless just like hps. But i would never want to stop that. Bigger stretch bigger yield.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Hahaha I'm right there with you bro. Growing sativas is quite different than growing indicas.

Almost as much as the difference between growing tomatoes and peppers in my view so far. One thing I've noticed is that different breeders have different ideas of stretch- some plants that were advertised as being x2-x3 ended up as x5, and vice versa. Fun!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hahaha I'm right there with you bro. Growing sativas is quite different than growing indicas.

Almost as much as the difference between growing tomatoes and peppers in my view so far. One thing I've noticed is that different breeders have different ideas of stretch- some plants that were advertised as being x2-x3 ended up as x5, and vice versa. Fun!

Most of the plants i have grown have 3x stretch. I just bend them by week 2 in 12/12.

growsince79

growsince79

Most of the plants i have grown have 3x stretch. I just bend them by week 2 in 12/12.
A friend of mine from Colombia will be visiting soon. They are allowed 20 plants for personal use. They grow 100% landace sativa. He said they are almost impossible to finish indoors and outdoors in the continental USA is out of the question. I'm gonna use them for breeding.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

A friend of mine from Colombia will be visiting soon. They are allowed 20 plants for personal use. They grow 100% landace sativa. He said they are almost impossible to finish indoors and outdoors in the continental USA is out of the question. I'm gonna use them for breeding.

I have not grown anything longer than 13 weeks. And thats just a long flowering pheno. You may be 16-20 weeks or longer with a plant like that.

growsince79

growsince79

I have not grown anything longer than 13 weeks. And thats just a long flowering pheno. You may be 16-20 weeks or longer with a plant like that.
If its anything like I grew decades ago (I'm almost certain it is) it wont ever really finish. I'm gonna try anyways. If I can get a male to spew it might make great hybrids. Last time I grew it was 6 months and still not done when I killed it. The male spewed at 5 months and made the best hybrid I ever created. No hermies either. Wish I still had it.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

They'll be fine indoors. I'd do the whole way under 12/12 in a 2-3 gallon pot, topping as needed, under 3500k if possible. Sativas love red light. Expect them to be done in 6-7 months from seed that way.

growsince79

growsince79

They'll be fine indoors. I'd do the whole way under 12/12 in a 2-3 gallon pot, topping as needed, under 3500k if possible. Sativas love red light. Expect them to be done in 6-7 months from seed that way.
I was wanting a male, but I just found out they are females and possible hermies. 100% pure Colombian sativa though. Thinking maybe I can find a pure indica male to breed

Latest posts

Top Bottom