Growing in coco core

• Thread starter Brian312
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Brian312

Hey guys relatively new to growing and would love some feedback so i can fix some problems ive Been having. I recently got some clones and I bought a bag of coco mixed with perlite and amended the soil with nature’s pride. But I’m having troubles with wierd leaves and also leaves dying would love if someone could tell me what’s wrong. Also nutrition since I amended with nature’s pride is that all I use for veg? Do I need any other nutes and if I don’t need anymore how often should I top dress if I also amended it into the soil? Thank you to anyone who is willing to help.

Growing in coco core
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I don't know what Natures Pride is, but it looks like your plants are being burned by too much nutrients. The leaf clawing and twisted leaves generally points to being overfed. I don't know if the nutrients came from being added or if they come in the Natures Pride, but it looks ike a hot soil mix to me. The plant is fairly small and shouldn't need any feeding for a few weeks. Sometimes smaller/newer plants have difficulty when planted in highly nutrient laden mediums, and it seems to vary by strain with some being sensitive to the high levels, and others being fine with it. In those cases, once the roots develop more they do better, but it is much better, in my opinion, to be slightly underfed than overfed... it is MUCH easier to feed a plant than to try to save it from too much nutrients or lockout.

N

nicolajanjak

Hey guys relatively new to growing and would love some feedback so i can fix some problems ive Been having. I recently got some clones and I bought a bag of coco mixed with perlite and amended the soil with nature’s pride. But I’m having troubles with wierd leaves and also leaves dying would love if someone could tell me what’s wrong. Also nutrition since I amended with nature’s pride is that all I use for veg? Do I need any other nutes and if I don’t need anymore how often should I top dress if I also amended it into the soil? Thank you to anyone who is willing to help.
yeah actually i think you have nutrient accumulations that cause that mag lookalike deficiency
you must let coco become lighter before watering it again to build a solid root mass. then you can increase progressivly frequency .. not dry like soil but lighter ..
so salt accumulations are a bit unavoidable until the plant is well established .. so dont hesitate do to 50% runoff .. if you feed 1gal until you get runoff give another 1/2 gal to rinse the salts.. and it will be fine

if you watr i guess your runoff EC will be very high .. dont hesitate to poor a gal or 2 until the ec ofthe runoff= ec of the feed
and i advise 1.2mS for your feed

Top Bottom