Growing Males??

• Thread starter Planter01
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Planter01

Planter01

I've got 15 seeds that are claimed to be Skunk #1 and I have a place to grow out a couple of males. Is the first pollen a male produces as good as the pollen produced by the same plant when it matures? My goal is to cut them out as early as possible and replace them with short seasoned indicas or maybe a few automatics. Lord know it doesn't take much pollen to make an awful lot of seed. Trust me I know... I also have a couple of buds who would love a paint brushes worth of pollen from sumpin with good genetics.

lino

lino

I've got 15 seeds that are claimed to be Skunk #1 and I have a place to grow out a couple of males. Is the first pollen a male produces as good as the pollen produced by the same plant when it matures? My goal is to cut them out as early as possible and replace them with short seasoned indicas or maybe a few automatics. Lord know it doesn't take much pollen to make an awful lot of seed. Trust me I know... I also have a couple of buds who would love a paint brushes worth of pollen from sumpin with good genetics.
Pollen Applicators

• Pollen collection
  • Great for plant breeding project
  • Pollen storage

Many studies have concluded;
Pollination provided by bees enhances the production of many crops.

Pollen Applicator Kits include:

• Glass Test Tube, seal proof pollen tube
  • Rubber Stopper Seal
  • 4 dowels
  • Sterilized Bee
  • Instructions
  • Glue and plants not included
Find out more and Get em at

Planter01

Planter01

@lino That's the funniest thing I've ever seen. It's also one of the most practical and I can't believe it hasn't already made it onto QVC. I do have some concerns though.. How do you sterilize a bee? With a moth you just cut off the moth balls but a bee? Idk

lino

lino

@lino That's the funniest thing I've ever seen. It's also one of the most practical and I can't believe it hasn't already made it onto QVC. I do have some concerns though.. How do you sterilize a bee? With a moth you just cut off the moth balls but a bee? Idk
My bee's are sterilized for pollen and microbes at ten bucks a pop is the trick to my idea, anybody can put bee in a test tube. university studies show many advantages from bee pollination. No damage can come to the hairs of the Anthophora urbana Cresson and Bombus vosnesenskii Radoszkowsk species as I have obtained hybridized strains of these bees that have been specially bred as bee's for pollination. No heat process is used to keep bee pollination pheromones to maximum level also. cannabis pollen on a bee is a natural process in nature and legal btw,,, if you got lots of money for attorneys that is.

Bee's are much easier than moths to castrate. With in the bee hive you can find bigger bee's in many species. These bigger bees are called Drones and they are inert of zero fertility. They can not get the Queen pregnant.

QVC, my bee's have been picked up by retail outlet recently, I still sell them cheaper as part of my sales, but I dont put em on amazon or ebay. some of my retailers are doing that but they cost a lot more than I charge.

Planter01

Planter01

I guess I don't understand but I've got two Warre hives in hand and I'll get my first two nucs of bees mid April. One with an Italian queen and one with a Russian queen. I could maybe see the benefit when pollenating questionably self fertile fruits but judging from the shape of the male flowers Marijuana is more wind Pollenated than bee. I'll have to give the whole thing some thought.

lino

lino

I guess I don't understand but I've got two Warre hives in hand and I'll get my first two nucs of bees mid April. One with an Italian queen and one with a Russian queen. I could maybe see the benefit when pollenating questionably self fertile fruits but judging from the shape of the male flowers Marijuana is more wind Pollenated than bee. I'll have to give the whole thing some thought.
All kinds of studies out Bro,,, Bees are the shit!
Bee

lino

lino

This advantage in yield and vigor and many more documented breeding tech tips are contained in the bee applicators. HS and Colleges only use my pollen sticks now, that all that being taught in college now.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

id freak the hell out and die if I had bees all over my plants don't think there is enough ep pins in the world

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Bees present in flowering stimulates terpenes and oils I thinK to attract bees and stick to pollen...quorum sensing ? @jumpincactus what up JC?
"Quorum Sensing" is typically a response in the rhizosphere to call in beneficial troops to aid the plant to fight pathogens and such. I havent seen anything along the lines you suggest with bee's and flowering. But that doesnt mean anything. Very interesting hypothesis. You may be on to something. :D Good to see you brother!!!

Takan kici un May the Creator Bless you

lino

lino

I also offer the old skool pollen sticks for use in controlled genetic crosses. Use of pollination wands results in seed production comparable to that obtained with bee sticks. These durable wands are ready to use and can be sterilized by dipping in 70 to 95% alcohol to kill adhering pollen; let dry completely before reusing.

Pollen is highly visible against the 1/4" black pollen collection surface. Total length, 3".

Colleges, HS, labs, are using my bee sticks over pollen wands. BUT there is advantages to both.

lino

lino

Bees present in flowering stimulates terpenes and oils I thinK to attract bees and stick to pollen...quorum sensing ? @jumpincactus what up JC?
I like your idea. Stellar concept. You can use my materials at almost cost. Its most likely the Superior material for your invention. If you want , you can market your products and use my site. PM if any of this works for your invention.

Prevent pollen contamination of controlled genetic crosses by neighboring plants. Pollinate the flowers, then simply drop the pollination bag over the entire plant or pot for small clones and plants. The 4 × 6" bags of clear, nonwoven, polypropylene fabric combine outstanding breathability with excellent visibility. Durable and resistant to moisture, pollination bags can be reused many times.

@epitome , This material is not on my site yet as I'm still looking for distributors who can use this material with inventions like yours.

Guys take Note: most materials like pollen grain filter will not be translucent like this material.

PollenSock

Sorry, I have not tested this material in liquid nitrogen yet.

lino

lino

Harmonic, MHz, frequency,,,, bee wing buzz tickles some hormones stimulant built in is my Guess.

artifacts for newbies,
Plants do not reproduce in the same sense that animals do. Plants and animals both reproduce sexually with sperm and egg uniting to form the first cell of a new individual – the fertilized egg. X & Y in cannabis so there is an equal contribution of male and female hereditary material, just as in animals. ppl may hold this idea because they associate reproduction with the act of mating in animals and they do not observe females or males in plants.
So the Implications: Engage farmers in actively pollinating flowers, observing the transfer of pollen (containing sperm) to pistils (containing eggs) so that fertilization can occur, then make comparisons to the more familiar mating in animals.
My bee sticks and my pollen wands help prevent pathogen by preventing broke sex organs disrupting 100's and 1000's of mates. This will increase seed production and plant vigor, too many abortions will cause more stress.

So I need some toilet paper because I'm about to take a big dump on what you guys thought was reality again,
Plants are neither male nor female. Plants have male and female reproductive structures. The male structures produce sperm and the female structures produce eggs. In many cases, both male and female reproductive structures occur on the same individual (dioecious bred), cannabis (in flowering plants, they are found in the flower). In other cases there are individuals of “separate sexes.” (monoecious bred) ppl may hold this idea because they don’t observe what is familiar to them as a female or male and they don’t understand that plants reproduce sexually.
So lets see the Implications:
For some plants like Lino 35 Day Wonder Plants to successfully reproduce, sperm contained in the pollen from the male structures of a flower must be transferred to the eggs contained in the female structures of a different flower. This is why pollinators are essential; pollen cannot simply fall from the anthers to the stigma of the same flower (if this happens, the sperm is aborted in most cases).
Many types of flowers are able to self-pollinate like cannabis, but Lino 35 Day Wonder Plants are not. The position of the stigma relative to the anthers is another good example, indicator, of the relationship between structure and function. In flowers that can self-pollinate, the pistil is typically shorter than the anthers so that pollen can drop directly from an anther to the stigma. Look closely at the relative positions of the stigma and anthers in Lino 35 Day Wonder Plants and you see how the relationship of these structures serves the function of cross-pollination.

Latest posts

Top Bottom