growing outdoors

• Thread starter 4twenty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

4twenty

my babie is about 12 inches tall it will go in the ground eventually but how big does my pot need to be so it will keep growing? im using a 5 gallon now.

P

ProGroWannabe

That should be big enough for a while. It really depends on how big you want her to get before harvest. I've seen pics of plants in 100 gallon containers before. So really, just figure out how much grow-medium you want to buy (soil, coco, whatever) and go from there.

Monkfish

Monkfish

good advise from pgw, but where are you in the world m8? southern hemisphere crew in there element at the moment but northern posse ie europe gotta do something artificial with lights till april! and some years with poor illumination its no garunttee they wont flower prem

monk

J

joanocsa

IMO the pot size is not really important as to plant size. Than again you wouldn't fit a size 8 shoe on a basbetball player. So my advice is keep the soil moisten at all times and with a 5 gallon bucket you could have about 10 months of healthy growth.

D

dawghead99

^

IMO I think pot size is REALLY important to plant size. I think the size of the plant is directly related to how much a plant can grow.

Dig a 3 in x 3in Hole in the ground and plant..then dig a 12in x 12in hole in the ground and plant. Provided the same conditions, the one in the bigger hole will be MUCH larger than the former.

T

TNGorilla

5 gallon is usually good till flower. The bigger the root system the bigger the plant. Usually its quite hard to move/transplant a plant that has maxed out a 5 gallon container, i plant into 3 gallon, then straight to ground. Anything in containers usually frys in july anyways, this year its gonna be clones straight into ground. If you till up a plot, rather than dig a hole theres no restrictions on how far the roots can grow

Latest posts

Top Bottom