Growing outside in day/ inside LED at night

• Thread starter Jacob_Gerard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jacob_Gerard

Jacob_Gerard

My friend just gave me two plants and I’ve been trying to cram as much information as I can for the past 6 days on growing. Both plants are photo and I think 4 weeks old.
I’ve been letting them go outside and get 8-9 hours of direct light in the day. And then bringing them in under my cheap 100 watt LED (temporary) at night for another 12 hours. And 2 hours dark. I’m not sure if this is a horrible idea and iv been digging and can’t find anyone saying not to do this, also no one saying that it’s a good idea haha. I just figure there’s nothing better then natural light. Im only worried about it stressing them out or potentially bringing outdoor bugs inside.
this is just an experiment because my big LED is still being shipped and I don’t feel like the 100watt one I have now is enough for the two....but idk, anyone have any thoughts on this? Would love to hear someone just say STOP, NO, DONT. Lol

Homesteader

Homesteader

Yeah but much of a learning curve when doing it. Bugs can be an issue if you don't know how to deal as well as UV burn. I would. I have. Just live, learn and grow. Nothing you can't handle as long as your back can. Speaking of which. Water in the morning after you move it

freezeland2

freezeland2

I am doing something similar. I bring my outdoor plants in every evening for the night. I don’t put em under artificial light though when inside. I plan to eventually leave them outside permanently. Just waiting for overnight lows to be consistently above 55 degrees. You might be giving a little more light then they need. 8 - 9 hours of direct sun is plenty of light.

Jacob_Gerard

Jacob_Gerard

Yeah but much of a learning curve when doing it. Bugs can be an issue if you don't know how to deal as well as UV burn. I would. I have. Just live, learn and grow. Nothing you can't handle as long as your back can. Speaking of which. Water in the morning after you move it
True, I’m taking this learning curve at 100mph haha. But ya, I’m looking into how to deal with the bugs RN. I just saw a nat flying out of the soil 😳. It might be the closet tent for me soon.

Jacob_Gerard

Jacob_Gerard

I am doing something similar. I bring my outdoor plants in every evening for the night. I don’t put em under artificial light though when inside. I plan to eventually leave them outside permanently. Just waiting for overnight lows to be consistently above 55 degrees. You might be giving a little more light then they need. 8 - 9 hours of direct sun is plenty of light.
Hmm well the kid that gave it to me had them under 24/7 light. If they start to look stressed or burnt then I’ll dial it back. But so far so good.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
My friend just gave me two plants and I’ve been trying to cram as much information as I can for the past 6 days on growing. Both plants are photo and I think 4 weeks old.
I’ve been letting them go outside and get 8-9 hours of direct light in the day. And then bringing them in under my cheap 100 watt LED (temporary) at night for another 12 hours. And 2 hours dark. I’m not sure if this is a horrible idea and iv been digging and can’t find anyone saying not to do this, also no one saying that it’s a good idea haha. I just figure there’s nothing better then natural light. Im only worried about it stressing them out or potentially bringing outdoor bugs inside.
this is just an experiment because my big LED is still being shipped and I don’t feel like the 100watt one I have now is enough for the two....but idk, anyone have any thoughts on this? Would love to hear someone just say STOP, NO, DONT. Lol
If you can find t5 fluorescent lights and put them under they'll do great. When the plants are small and you can move them in and out ..I do it...I do have mine on plywood to help keep the bugs at bay but if you're planning on flowering indoors you will most likely be bringing bugs in. If they're going to be left out for most of their lives and you're just doing that now while it warms up enough then have ater

Top Bottom