Growing Photoperiod Plants in 24x24x48 Tent

• Thread starter GooberfrupstateNY
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GooberfrupstateNY

GooberfrupstateNY

I'm in the home stretch with my 3rd grow (all autos) - the first totally indoors. Prior to my latest one in my grow tent, I had 2 grows that were kinda "hybrids" in that both were in my shed. . .so they had artificial lighting, but were subjected to the elements to some degree. Anyway, because I have some regular photoperiod, feminized seeds including, Diesel, Mexican Haze, and Acapulco Gold, I'm thinking of trying one of these in my indoor grow tent as we finish up winter here in the NE. My only concern is that my grow tent (24x24x48), while fine for my midgety autos, won't be big enough for even 1 regular photoperiod plant. What do you guys think. . .is it doable? I know I should've gotten a bigger one from the start, but I'm lucky the wife signed off on this one, as it's in her office!
P.S. The photo's just for viewing pleasure, lol.

Growing photoperiod plants in 24x24x48 tent
GooberfrupstateNY

GooberfrupstateNY

What happens when they reach the ceiling? Or do you use the s.o.g. once they hit their growth spurt and spread them out instead?

growsince79

growsince79

What happens when they reach the ceiling? Or do you use the s.o.g. once they hit their growth spurt and spread them out instead?
I like to flip at two weeks and have 2 -2.5 foot plants. With the right strain you can harvest 5-6 oz in 3 months in your 2 x 2.

GooberfrupstateNY

GooberfrupstateNY

What I'm wondering is, how do I make sure the AG doesn't hit the 4-foot roof and then start going sideways. I had one of the same seeds this past summer which I got going and gave to a friend to grow at his place in the country and it got just shy of 6 feet, though it was outdoors. Or should I not worry, just let it hit and start spreading out. . .it won't hurt her, right?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
What I'm wondering is, how do I make sure the AG doesn't hit the 4-foot roof and then start going sideways. I had one of the same seeds this past summer which I got going and gave to a friend to grow at his place in the country and it got just shy of 6 feet, though it was outdoors. Or should I not worry, just let it hit and start spreading out. . .it won't hurt her, right?
I LST my plants and scrog them just before flower in my 2x2x4.

GooberfrupstateNY

GooberfrupstateNY

That's what I thought. . .thanks. Now I've gotta go and get my screening from the shed and finally do my first scrog, lol.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Those plants are too late into flower for scrog.

GooberfrupstateNY

GooberfrupstateNY

I know, they're not the one's I'm gonna be growing; they're only there because I figure people like to look at plant images as much as I do. They're my current grow. . .Blueberry Autos.

growsince79

growsince79

With that short of tent you need a strain that's short. Real Accupolco Gold will never work unless it's clones and flowered asap. Even the fake AG the seed companies sell is too tall. I would get a taller tent or a shorter strain.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I disagree. I think unless you're growing a huge sativa, you'll be fine.
You just need to flower accordingly.

growsince79

growsince79

I disagree. I think unless you're growing a huge sativa, you'll be fine.
You just need to flower accordingly.
4 foot ceiling minus 1 foot for container and another foot distance to the light leaves 2 feet to grow. Real Ag is a huge sativa. Even the fake ones sold today are gonna be hard to keep under 2 feet even with a trellis.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
4 foot ceiling minus 1 foot for container and another foot distance to the light leaves 2 feet to grow. Real Ag is a huge sativa. Even the fake ones sold today are gonna be hard to keep under 2 feet even with a trellis.
Oh sorry, I misinterpreted you. I thought you meant they should look for small strains.

A solution for short height is growing in either hydro or coco with a short and wide container and use an efficient LED so the plants can grow as tall as possible.

GooberfrupstateNY

GooberfrupstateNY

Thanks, guys. I have plenty of auto-seeds like Tangerine Dream, Candy Kush, Afghani, Hindu Kush, Skunk, etc., so I think I'm just gonna stick to these little ladies in a 5-gallon fabric pot, 1 to the tent. It was a nice idea, but I think I'll just grow the medium size photo-period guys outside when the weather turns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom