Growing under shade cloth / anit insect netting?

• Thread starter bizzladin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bizzladin

Does anybody know how much light gets blocked?

And how much light is needed to flower a plant properly outdoors?

Im trying to keep the bugs out of my garden ... especially those moths!

Thanks for any help.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
howdy and welcome to the farm

moved your to post the outdoor area - maybe youll get an answer faster

good luck

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Does anybody know how much light gets blocked?

And how much light is needed to flower a plant properly outdoors?

Im trying to keep the bugs out of my garden ... especially those moths!

Thanks for any help.
It depends on the shade cloth. Cannabis requires direct sunlight and really performs best in as much direct sun as it can get. If you're growing outdoors then embrace the bugs or you'll be fighting a losing battle. Use a product with Bacillus thuringiensis spp. like Safers Caterpillar Spray to prevent worms from eating the buds. Rotate something like Monterey with Spinosad and spray every two weeks, the moths shouldn't present a problem as long as you're diligent.

B

budbrothers

It depends on the shade cloth. Cannabis requires direct sunlight and really performs best in as much direct sun as it can get. If you're growing outdoors then embrace the bugs or you'll be fighting a losing battle. Use a product with Bacillus thuringiensis spp. like Safers Caterpillar Spray to prevent worms from eating the buds. Rotate something like Monterey with Spinosad and spray every two weeks, the moths shouldn't present a problem as long as you're diligent.

very helpful thanks dude. good post!

Blaze

Blaze

Seamaiden nailed it. Shade cloth will do more harm that good. You NEED plenty of direct sunlight to produce good outdoor. The moths should be easy to deal with too, just follow Sea's advice.

B

Badmf

I don't think she said "more harm than good" but you can use insect cloth and it doesn't do much more than 25% shade and as SeaMaiden said ,"It depends on the shade cloth" used. There is plenty of light getting through. And can do some good as the heat of summer months can get oppressive in some areas. I have also used bird netting after soaking it in repellant. (it has little shade)
The BT spray acts on the hatching worms, so I like to "prevent em" rather than spray a crapola load on large azz trees, jmtc Peace Bad...

aleYarok

aleYarok

what about greenhouses???
or those pvc loops with some type of white fabric over it?

B

Badmf

Greenhouses depending on the crop use shade cloth, white-wash paint, or auto covering. The PVC lower to the ground ones(cold frames too) are to "contain" heat and get a jump on the spring season in colder climates. The Sun produces so much more PAR lumens than an indoor bulb it's ridiculous to even compare.
The movement of the Sun and changing spectrum gives outdoor grows a leg up. You can't simply apply indoor nutes techniques and be sucessful. There is a whole new world out there, and it doesn't have mite infestations, lol. Peace Bad...:harvest:

Latest posts

Top Bottom