Growrx grow diary “ 2021 5x5 RDWC "

• Thread starter Growrx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Growrx

Growrx

We are 4 days away from each other! :P

How far away is your light from top of canopy amigo?
Maybe a foot not too much, they stretched so much! Having a little bit of light bleaching on a couple tops.
Todays pictures
E98A8EA4 ABF1 4E77 8F9C CDEF2D597659
1837DC1C 39A5 4BF5 B22B 5BEB193CED44

Growrx

Growrx

Little thanksgiving update for thanksgiving forum!
Just shy of day 50! How much longer should I let them go?
And a Happy thanksgiving, Happy Holidays to all :)

EFF138BE E3CE 411F B440 DB1D514F14C2
BA63E837 7DC4 4A82 9029 2272E3C9BA86
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

P

Patcorr_2001

Appreciate the love, starting with the light, it’s 533 true watt Samsung board. Last run I put a second light but it got fairly hot in there. As far as the stretch, I really did not expect this much of a stretch but I got lucky and they shouldn’t get much taller ( actually had a tad bit of light bleach at the top of some of the taller colas before I raised the light almost as high as it can go ). no scrog because I couldn’t find one to fit my 5x5 that wasn’t mesh or half decent reviews.
I run live and have been using southern AG and never looked away.
Temps for me are big because my water temperature is controlled by the air temp. I have a portable AC outside the tent keeping the room cool, and I have two raxial fans by AC infinity pulling air in alongside 2 AC infinity inline fans for exhaust. I don’t use a chiller :)
This is mid flower temps. View attachment 1188768
PH 5.8-6.3
Nutrients is jacks 321
I don’t check ppm’s so much, I more so read the plant and go from there.
Any questions I’d be happy to help if I could.
I know this post Is over 4 months old but after checking it out, and reading this I still wanted to comment.

First off, You killed it man good job 😎👍💯

Reading your comment here regarding not checking PPM'S, that could really come back to bite you in the ass.
Ive only been growing DWC for about 2 1/4 years now, but have learnt that checking PPMs is pretty crucial to having happy healthy girls.

Being able to directly and easily monitor and see exactly where your PPMs are is one of the best parts of DWC, since doing so tells you exactly if your plants are receiving too much, not enough, or the perfect amount strength of feed.

You could be overfeeding certain elements and not see any drastic changes in the look of they're health, but it can truly affect your final end product, as overfeeding can cause a buildup of salts in the plants tissues, and regardless of people saying "flushing removes all this buildup/ the salts " , studies and common sense has shown that isnt really the case.
I know because I've done it both ways, I had opened a crop and even when i tried flushing for a good period of time, it was still harsh as f*ck and tasted like sh!t, ruining my crop because my PPMs kept going from 950 to over 2K by the time I checked it, because like you I wasn't really checking it, and I paid the price for that.

PPMs are a very important part of growing, whether it be soil or R/DWC. And since it only takes literally a few seconds to test it, why not just check it when your taking a peek at your ladies right 😋🤷‍♂️

I'm guilty when it comes to not checking my pH as much as I should be. I use to legit check mine twice a day for the first year that I begun growing DWC, but as of late my lazy ass has only been checking / adjusting it like once a week 🤣 but to my surprise they haven't been upset by it in anyway and it's been sticking at 6.0 for the most part 🤷‍♂️

I mainly just grow single bucket DWC, which can have more pH fluctuations than a Recirculating setup. I've grown RDWC before and I found that PPMs and pH was a lot more stable , easier to manage and required less adjustments .

I found that aslong as you know what you girls feed at, the in veg the PPM isn't as volatile.
But as soon as I hit 2 to 3 weeks of flower and they are drinking like pigs, I find the PPM and pH can be thrown off a lot more, and is a time when monitoring these become a lot more necessary/helpful to your plants health, and to help them produce a quality end product.

Anyways I just wanted to Bring up a few of these points in the hopes that this may at least in the littlest bit help you, or anyone else out that stumbles upon this thread/ comment.

Keep up the good work man 😎🤙💯
I've never ran any Tiki Madman but I've seen some real flame come from his genetics, and I also got 2 Electrolime ( Key Lime Mints X Devil Driver) freebies recently that I think I'll run soon 😋🤤🔥

Goodluck on any current, or future grows man.
And oh yeah...
DWC FTW 😎🤟🔥💯

Last edited:
Growrx

Growrx

Current grow in flush at the moment, blue razz X devil driver x2
Gushers X Runtz x3
The close up picture with the white hairs was over 3 weeks ago. Mostly brown pistils in the tent which is why I decided to start flushing.

7F2CBA91 FF7B 427A BC2D 54FCF5473194
8DC8B944 2C29 462F 9F9B CCACEC4E28E9
AEC16777 3FEC 493B 968A E29E46E55C14
Top Bottom