Growth Problems Veg

• Thread starter Cmead97
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cmead97

The plants are still relatively small and don't have the same need for nutes that a older, more developed plant has. They are just beginning to get into the alternate growing style (instead of the side by side growth pattern of younger plants) and will still get plenty of nutrients from the soil. As I mentioned, I usually only feed once every 12-15 days depending on the size and state the plants are in and still get a great and vibrant plant using only 20-20-20 fertilizer in Promix (which contains no nutrients) and mixed with about 15-20% compost/manure mix. The amount of nutrients present in many pre charged soils is much higher than is usually found in nature. It is VERY easy to overfeed, especially for newer growers who use way to many nutes and supplements, IMO. The marketing and directions for many nutes is why many feel obligated to use it and everyone sees others using it and feel almost obligated to follow suit. Many experienced growers use at most half the recommended amount of nutes as stated on the directions for many of their grows and still have maximum results.
Your plant look good and healthy, but be careful in the future and look for possible issues with nutrient lockout or salt buildup in the future if you don't have well draining soil. Getting water out the bottom of the buckets in between feedings is an easy way to keep salts buildup at bay, since they can accumulate if the soil is poor draining or underwatered mediums. Damp roots with plenty of O2 is as important to the roots and plant as it is above ground, poor drainage can cause a lot of problems. Keep up the good work and keep getting more experience, and many of these issues will become 2nd nature. Like having children, the first one is full of concerns and over mothering... the 2nd and later children are much less stressful as you have the base exoperience down and know how to separate the BS from real life stuff, unlike commercials and advertisments might suggest.
Appreciate the help man thanks so much! I'll definitely give them a flush because this seems like the general consensus, that I'm overfeeding as well as environmental problems

Billwilson85

Billwilson85

I just use a water filter, cost me 20 bucks and i use it for drinking water. Ya lots of good stuff your filtering out though so I do it when feeding to control my ppm when I wanna add stuff. At 3 weeks I'd suggest keeping your finished ppm at around 400 ppm and depending on your soil ph 6.5 give a little if soil is low ph and lower to like 6.2 maybe if soil ph is like 7. Just shoot for 6.5 if u don't know. Vpd is a big thing, 75 degrees is perfect temp but u need a humidity level between 60 and 80 for that temp, depending on their age, babies like the higher end of that range. I'd guess your humidity is way too low which closes the stomata basically choking them. I use a damp towel in my room near a fan to raise my humidity. I burned my girls with g.o. bio thrive 433 with a tsp per gal, after flushing and straight water a couple weeks I'm going for 1/4 that dose. It's called weed for a reason bro, shit grows pretty good without much help, so try not to help it too much or u can hurt. Just my 2 cents for what it's worth, take what u need and leave the rest. Good luck

C

Cmead97

I just use a water filter, cost me 20 bucks and i use it for drinking water. Ya lots of good stuff your filtering out though so I do it when feeding to control my ppm when I wanna add stuff. At 3 weeks I'd suggest keeping your finished ppm at around 400 ppm and depending on your soil ph 6.5 give a little if soil is low ph and lower to like 6.2 maybe if soil ph is like 7. Just shoot for 6.5 if u don't know. Vpd is a big thing, 75 degrees is perfect temp but u need a humidity level between 60 and 80 for that temp, depending on their age, babies like the higher end of that range. I'd guess your humidity is way too low which closes the stomata basically choking them. I use a damp towel in my room near a fan to raise my humidity. I burned my girls with g.o. bio thrive 433 with a tsp per gal, after flushing and straight water a couple weeks I'm going for 1/4 that dose. It's called weed for a reason bro, shit grows pretty good without much help, so try not to help it too much or u can hurt. Just my 2 cents for what it's worth, take what u need and leave the rest. Good luck
Thanks again brother I'll try the towel trick and will post my solution if I find one!

Billwilson85

Billwilson85

They'll snap back bro, you just slowed em down a little. Look forward to seeing some happier plants in a week or two

Latest posts

Top Bottom