guano tea has very low ph do I need to raise it or just buffer

• Thread starter mrpurplestuff
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrpurplestuff

My guano and worm casting tea has very low ph after being brewed it is about 4.5-5 I am curious as to what i can do to raise i have tried AN ph up - did nothing at 1 1/2 tbs in 20 gal tea....Have used baking soda but took like five table spoons and I figure this is tooo much sodium bicarbonate or is it? i am curious what i can use to raise the ph....can i add lime to the tea? perhaps some silica blast or another silica product? Also what about the ph of fox farm hf soil?
agian the ph seems to fall to about 4.5-5 as well even when using pure blend pro soil as nutes. Should I add lime? or bone meal to the soil and or tea?

My mix for the tea is light ---- one tbls of sunleaves guano (kinds vary by stage), one tbls of mollasses, 5ml of liquid karma 2 tbls of ewc, 1 tsp raw honey and just a pinch of this and two pinches of that per gallon

S

Surfr

I never PH organics.. I usually trust the added dolomite lime in my soil to do all the work for me.. Hasn't failed me yet!

:character0180:

M

mrpurplestuff

So I have completed three harvests prior to this using teas i also have never adressed the ph though I do/did know the the run off and my soil meter showed very low ph though plants are extermely healthy. If ph does not affect the growth when using organics in soil then why is it that almost all agree optimum ph is 6.5-7?

M

mrpurplestuff

No help i see well i am still waiting guys....feel free to help a guy out here

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

If you are growing organically, the soil is set up with dry fertilizers that are released slowly during the grow. Adding ACT's (aerated compost teas) boost the beneficial microbes in your soil/root zone. The microbes (both fungal and bacterial) have a biological relationship with the Rhizosphere.

These microbes have the ability to shift the pH as needed to uptake different nutrients. The nutrients that plants like/need are assimilated by the plant at different pH values, so watering with compost teas periodically will not only boost the microbe activity, but will also keep your pH in check. Only time i have issues is when I fuck with the PH..only Ph i mess with is My hydro..they say PH levels should be between 6.3-7.0 for soil...this is for those that dont use organics soil mixes..and or miake they own..dont worry about checking PH unless ya see the need..hope this helps..take care and be safe

:passingjoint:

C

chickenn

quit putting so much shit in your teas. more is not better. if you want a guano tea. make a guano tea. period. i use worm castings or chicken shit to make teas. all you need is the guano to accomplish what you are doing.

for 20 gallons of tea, the amount of ph up you are using is little. up the ph to 6.3 and let her ride.

organics will drop your ph as the organic material composts in the bucket, releasing chemicals that drop ph. a good flushing watering may restore it, if not flush with one tspn. of lime to a gallon of water. shaking vigorously as using. (lime does not suspend)

i would suggest checking ph, and runoff every time it comes out of the bottom of the pot.

Top Bottom