Gubment gave me a stimulus check so I'm upgrading my rosin press

• Thread starter AnimalHouse
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
Going from a manual "Twister" style press with 2"x3" heat plates to the Nugsmasher OG 🤘

I've broke and repaired the manual press a few times wrenching down too hard on it. Great press other than that issue. Oh it had one other nuance to it... I was never too fond of it needing to be bolted down to my work bench then the bench needing to be bolted to the floor but hey...the things ya gotta do for a good extract, you'll do it.😋
It once had a ratchet handle type deal but I broke it. Changed it to a box end wrench with two 11/16th nuts to get it working but even those get worn out and need adjusting/replacing about every 4 zips I process thru it.
It will be retired, maybe stripped for parts and the plates sold off or rebuilt into a different hydraulic press as a backup.
Produced a lot of excellent squish sap and more than paid for itself but it also took some muscle to use and wasn't too kind to my arthritic hands after a long squish session.

Ratchet

Figured with my work and income being more stable and that latest round of stimulus pay I'd treat myself and buy a press that's out of my price range.
Shopped around, liked a lot of presses but some had reviews that spooked me a bit. Didn't wanna spend over $1k and was really looking to cap my budget at $800 but I'd go over 8 if I fell in love with it.
Came down to the Dulytek plug and play and the Nugsmasher OG. Plate size and reviews had me go with the Nugsmasher at $776 + it comes with some xtra goodies like tools and bags. Gotta say yeah that stimulus money has me stimulated 🤪
Waiting for it to be shipped now and get it to work. There's about a lb of flowers ready for extraction and I just hauled about another lb yesterday which is hanging in the drying tent

Og front

Looking forward to improving on my work

Gubment gave me a stimulus check so im upgrading my rosin press 3

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
How's the Nug Smasher treating you? Would you buy it again?
It's been fantastic Man! I forgot I started this thread but I've started another thread showing what I'm doing with it. I've been real happy with it and yeah I'd buy it again. The best thing about it has been the yields and time spent getting them. What I get in 1 pressing took about 4 pressings with my twister press.
Yesterday I pressed some more and have pics so I'll update my other thread later today. Here's a link to it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom