Guerilla Growing Outdoor - Would Like To Use Cedar Chips

• Thread starter JohnN
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JohnN

Hey, has anyone used cedar chips on their outdoor plants?

By using cedar chips on top of the soil, to help retain alittle moisture, will it make the plant taste funny later? I'm losing too much moisture outside and I can't water them evey day.

I know of the polymers but all of my plants have already been transplanted, so I am looking for other methods.

Thanks a bunch.

H

hytymez

i know some green house growers who use cedar chips to kept the dust down.

when using wood chips,make it around two inches thick(four inches with grass clippings)and have a six inch space around the stalk free of mulch to have air circulation.

J

JohnN

i know some green house growers who use cedar chips to kept the dust down.

when using wood chips,make it around two inches thick(four inches with grass clippings)and have a six inch space around the stalk free of mulch to have air circulation.

Thank you. Sorry, I'm new at this. First grow. Is wood chips the same as cedar chips?

H

hytymez

wood chips can come from any tree around.cedar chips are from the cedar trees.

also be carefull if you use wood chips in compost.alot of wood chips(depends on the species of trees) are not good in compost.

F

farmer bob

I try to stay away from cedar chips,I try to use hard wood ,oak and maple,have also used apple wood easy for me to get lots of orchards around me

M

moonbiscuit

i like a blend of cedar and oak, i have noticed cedar does tend to keep away some of the bugs too.

bluebuds

bluebuds

wood chip mulch might not be very stealthy in an outdoor guerilla patch. i use rotten leaf litter to hold moisture and camoflauge them. also is great nutrients when they compost over winter for next spring, -bluebuds

Top Bottom