Guys can we talk NUTES?

• Thread starter B0ssD0ss
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I getting into the grow realm and wanna know what's crucial on the need to know basis for nutes.

In being a novus I grabbed the fox farm soil, face farm trio nutes. I.e Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, and Grow big. I also have Holy Mackerel and Kelp me Kelp you as well as cal-mag.

I know it's not the best or greatest but it's a start. So my question is will this get results or should I be looking for better products?

I am building in soil not DWC. Let's start up a discussion and drop some knowledge that I can apply on this grow and many more to come.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I getting into the grow realm and wanna know what's crucial on the need to know basis for nutes.

In being a novus I grabbed the fox farm soil, face farm trio nutes. I.e Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, and Grow big. I also have Holy Mackerel and Kelp me Kelp you as well as cal-mag.

I know it's not the best or greatest but it's a start. So my question is will this get results or should I be looking for better products?

I am building in soil not DWC. Let's start up a discussion and drop some knowledge that I can apply on this grow and many more to come.
What you have is a good start, it will get you going pretty easy & give you time to figure things out. Make sure you have some sort of preventative plan in place for pests for sure, that usually ends up being biggest problem honestly

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Wait till plants show they want food & then start small doses & build up as needed, don't just start feeding willynilly lol

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

What you have is a good start, it will get you going pretty easy & give you time to figure things out. Make sure you have some sort of preventative plan in place for pests for sure, that usually ends up being biggest problem honestly
Well I'm running autos, and pest from nutes or the soil?

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

How do you know when they start showing signs of wanting food?

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

When they start yellowing from the bottom up, theres tons of resources on here i would recommend you look into the threads on FFOF and the FF trio as well as common pest problems and presentation. A ounce of care is worth a pound of cure. Theres tons of good threads about building living soil and also on the outher side of the coin theres salt growers who run manily in coco based mixes(FFOF). Read up! You look like your going for something in between, "synergistic" growing. Start by using some Rootweb/white shark/mykos and some top quality compost to activate your soil and plants. In running autos you can prolly make a hot mix, and just have to hit em with a little bit o P n' K at the end. I have a theory that if you make the right mix that you could get away with not having to use any nutes for the whole life cycle. Bone meal, and rock phos take so long to break down by the time they are flippin i imagine it would be avail. One thing i will say is the bigger the dirt the better, i am sure that tops out for autos pretty quickly, but 40-65 gal i would imagine being the best. Someone with auto experience will chime in eventually.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Crazy I have a compost pile but just been reading and hearing that it's to hot to use

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Pest even in controlled tents? I wouldn't think that would be an issue. Great something else to be on the lookout for. Damnit man.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I have 1 auto (just to grow an auto once lol) & I may have fed it a couple times its whole life & it's close to done, just the promix had enough nutes for it mostly
20200928 235751

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I have 1 auto (just to grow an auto once lol) & I may have fed it a couple times its whole life & it's close to done, just the promix had enough nutes for it mostlyView attachment 1037841
Damn that thing is tiny. I could fit 6 of those in my 2x2.5. Hmmmm... Also I keep reading about this promix. Could you possibly link me or send a picture so I know what to look for? I'm in FF just cause I have read about it but it's also super accessible at my local nursery.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Damn that thing is tiny. I could fit 6 of those in my 2x2.5. Hmmmm... Also I keep reading about this promix. Could you possibly link me or send a picture so I know what to look for? I'm in FF just cause I have read about it but it's also super accessible at my local nursery.
I fried it a bit with nute dose when I moved it to the flower tent, autos all grow a bit different too, I left it in veg tent for 1st half of its life then moved it to flower few weeks ago, tried for short & squat

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

FF is really good, I'm just used to promix from back in the day, just got back to growing this year so muddling my way thru LEDs & tents vs HPS & plastic walls in basements lol, used FF trio before but use mostly GH for same reason. Actually going to start going organic where I can in near future, probably not full organic but would like to go natural where it makes sense

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Promix website also has good grow info

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Promix website also has good grow info
Yeah I have heard nothing but good things about FF and when I saw it at my local nursery I thought yo myself it's cheap here and accessible so why not. Only seen 1 post (the other day) where someone said something about pest using their soil. I'm newer to growing or I should say growing seriously so just trying to soak up any good info where I can.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Yeah I have heard nothing but good things about FF and when I saw it at my local nursery I thought yo myself it's cheap here and accessible so why not. Only seen 1 post (the other day) where someone said something about pest using their soil. I'm newer to growing or I should say growing seriously so just trying to soak up any good info where I can.
Pests can show up in best stuff, just happens

Top Bottom