Not open for further replies.
j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
Here are some basic information:
Day 40 from sprout
Soil grow × Mars hydro FC 4800 (480W)
Fliped to flower 2 days ago ,
Leaf temperature :23 Celsius (light on), 25 Celsius (light off)
Humidity :55%/50%
The last watering was 3ml/gal potassium silica/4ml calmag, with the total ec around 0.7
The runoff was about 14.5 EC, and had some calmag def in the last week of Veg, pH in 6.5/ out 5.7.
Prepare to feed some recharge .
Thanks ,guys

Guys need some help iron deficiency
Guys need some help iron deficiency 2
Guys need some help iron deficiency 3
Guys need some help iron deficiency 4
Guys need some help iron deficiency 5
TheMaverickFarmer

TheMaverickFarmer

Hi brother, what kind of soil? what are your base nutrients? Npk ratios? Possibly looks like a potassium excess that is creating your mag deficiency, possibly a sulfur deficiency going on there also. You mention your soil ec runoff is 14.5. looks way high too me. Flush and feed with a well balanced nute solution.
Ditch that potassium silica stuff, you want to use monosilicic acid...

copied and pasted from a smarter fella:)

Silicic Acid vs. Potassium Silicate​

Potassium silicate (K2SiO3) is a salt of silicic acid (H4SiO4).

As mentioned above, silicates are not available to plants. So, plants cannot take up or use potassium silicate. First, bacteria must convert it to monosilicic acid.

Therefore, applying potassium silicate does not have the same effects as applying monosilicic acid. Plants will not be able to experience the benefits of silicon until weeks or months after you apply potassium silicate.

E9noxis

E9noxis

Hi brother, what kind of soil? what are your base nutrients? Npk ratios? Possibly looks like a potassium excess that is creating your mag deficiency, possibly a sulfur deficiency going on there also. You mention your soil ec runoff is 14.5. looks way high too me. Flush and feed with a well balanced nute solution.
Ditch that potassium silica stuff, you want to use monosilicic acid...

copied and pasted from a smarter fella:)

Silicic Acid vs. Potassium Silicate​

Potassium silicate (K2SiO3) is a salt of silicic acid (H4SiO4).

As mentioned above, silicates are not available to plants. So, plants cannot take up or use potassium silicate. First, bacteria must convert it to monosilicic acid.

Therefore, applying potassium silicate does not have the same effects as applying monosilicic acid. Plants will not be able to experience the benefits of silicon until weeks or months after you apply potassium silicate.

🤔

Well shit. I've been using potassium silicate. My stems are all firm except the growth that showed up after I stopped using it.

I did 1/2 tsp of that and aloe Vera into a gallon once a week. Back and forth with fish compost feeds.

Waste of my frikkin time. Now I know that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom