H&g Shooting Powder/top Shooter. Help With Ph

• Thread starter Clamwrangler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Clamwrangler

Clamwrangler

Hey farm!
Does anyone else here use shooting powder or a similar late stage flower enhancer/booster or PK amendment ? Currently running top feed coco/perlite (50/50) running shooting powder in my res, now house and garden say to add base nutrients then ph, add all additives then shooting powder, they say the SP will slightly raise the PH to help with better P and K absorption, but it seems to take it from 5.8ph where i PH down after adding a+b, it goes up 6.8 which is no good for me in a top feed hydro style system. What PH do you suggest to maintain to enable the girls to take full effect of the SP. And I know this shit isnt necessary in the grand scheme of things, so dont tell me in an idiot for using it if you dont use!
Big ups 420 jah

Clamwrangler

Clamwrangler

What are other peoples experiences using SP or TS so far? How do you best it your opinions guys?

cannabeans

cannabeans

2 gallon pots with coco fiber mixed with coco chips. About 50 50. I prefer chips over perlite for extra aeration.

cannabeans

cannabeans

I have used the top sbooter a bunch. Does it really add weight? In my experience all it really does is make your fan leaves wbiter and die. I have stopped using with no weight loss i can see but my plants fade more natural now.. No yellow crispy leaves anymore... hope this helps.

Clamwrangler

Clamwrangler

That is the conclusion I am slowly coming too. I believe years back when shooting powder first came out I feel it may have had PGR's in it which most countrys dont allow any longer. All the old boys I talk to that have used it over the years say it doesnt quite have the explosive growth it used to have in years passed. I think this will be my last run with it. One thing that was said "shooting powder can turn a shit grow into a average grow"

Top Bottom