H.r. 1635: Charlotte’s Web Medical Access Act Of 2015

• Thread starter indicabush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MacGyver

MacGyver

Full Title
To amend the Controlled Substances Act to exclude cannabidiol and cannabidiol-rich plants from the definition of marihuana, and for other purposes.
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/114/hr1635
Wow, I've seen documentaries on the Stanley Brothers of Colarado and the progress the little girl made from the early days. If anything, that brave child left me no choice but to actively join the revolution as a new lifestyle... I threw the comb away and started making oil from my afghan ladies to dive away to as many people as I could... My first epilepsy patient was a labrador in Gaborone, Botswana, who had 10+ disturbing fits daily. Ceizures had completely stopped after two treatments with his pellets;-) I'm a keen observer of the process of untangling the great prohibition...
One of the top-end food stores in South Africa, called Woolworths, are now selling hempseed oil, whereafter a friend's mother had started using this as part of her diet... her c count went from 200 to 40... Diabetes patients completely stabilised after two weeks (night only treatment)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Da fuck? My representative (McClintock) is one of the authors. I won't have time to read the text this morning, does it affect plants with THC levels, or is this just cannabidiol?

indicabush

indicabush

Da fuck? My representative (McClintock) is one of the authors. I won't have time to read the text this morning, does it affect plants with THC levels, or is this just cannabidiol?

Cannabidiol.......

114th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. R. 1635

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

March 25, 2015

Mr. Perry (for himself, Mr. Austin Scott of Georgia, Mr. Massie, Mr. Honda, Mr. Grayson, Ms. Norton, Mr. Lowenthal, Mr. Blumenauer, Mr. McClintock, Mr. Jones, Mr. Barr, Mr. Dold, Mr. Cohen, Mr. Yarmuth, Mr. Cooper, Mr. David Scott of Georgia, Mr. Woodall, Mr. Hanna, and Mr. Van Hollen) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Energy and Commerce, and in addition to the Committee on the Judiciary, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned

A BILL

To amend the Controlled Substances Act to exclude cannabidiol and cannabidiol-rich plants from the definition of marihuana, and for other purposes.

Short title

This Act may be cited as the Charlotte’s Web Medical Access Act of 2015.

Exclusion of cannabidiol and cannabidiol-rich plants from definition of marihuana

(a)
In general

Section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802) is amended in paragraph (16)—

(1)
by striking (16) The and inserting (16)(A) The; and

(2)
by adding at the end the following:

(B)
Cannabidiol and cannabidiol-rich plants—

(i)
are excluded from the definition of marihuana under subparagraph (A); and

(ii)
shall not be treated as controlled substances under this Act.

(b)
Definitions

Section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802), as amended, is further amended by adding at the end the following:

(57)
The term cannabidiol-rich plant means the plant Cannabis sativa L. and any part of such plant, whether growing or not, with a delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol concentration of not more than 0.3 percent on a dry weight basis.

(58)
The term cannabidiol means the substance cannabidiol, as derived from a cannabidiol-rich plant.

Other limitations

(a)
Non-Applicability of Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act

The Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (21 U.S.C. 301 et seq.) shall not apply to cannabidiol or cannabidiol-rich plants as those terms are defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802) as amended by this Act.

(b)
State law

Nothing in this Act shall prohibit or otherwise restrict any activities related to the use, production, or distribution of marijuana in a State in which such activities are legal under State law.

Sunset provision

The provisions of this Act, and the provisions inserted into the Controlled Substances Act by this Act, shall cease to apply on the date that is 3 years after the date of enactment of this Act.

Top Bottom