Habosabin Question. 1 or 4 plants? Help me decide.

• Thread starter Habosabin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Habosabin

Habosabin

I am preparing to start a grow next month after the peak of the heat passes me. The major change I made this time is I raised my tent up about 2 feet so I could have an easier access to my reservoir and gain a little headroom in my small tent. Also, bought a new drain tray which I could flood if I wanted to. Cleaned up the devices in the tent and put exhaust fan at the top of tent in the giant 10" hole. Also upping the res size to 10 gallons versus 5. My res probably could hold 15 if I push it. I've also sleeved my whole tent in cardboard rather than blankets to see if it is as effective as a insulation. This is an outside shed grow again.

In the past I only grew one plant and it worked great but I have a few varieties of Ethos beans this time around and was thinking maybe some variety in my inventory might be good. I have Cresendo, Banana Daddy and Strawberry OG.

My old way was to veg for 30 days with a single plant and then into flower. Would it be possible to veg for 2 weeks with smaller plants and then go into flower. Anyone with short veg experience estimate what kind of harvests from a super short veg cycle? Any disadvantages to short veg?

Habosabin question 1 or 4 plants  help me decide
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I am preparing to start a grow next month after the peak of the heat passes me. The major change I made this time is I raised my tent up about 2 feet so I could have an easier access to my reservoir and gain a little headroom in my small tent. Also, bought a new drain tray which I could flood if I wanted to. Cleaned up the devices in the tent and put exhaust fan at the top of tent in the giant 10" hole. Also upping the res size to 10 gallons versus 5. My res probably could hold 15 if I push it. I've also sleeved my whole tent in cardboard rather than blankets to see if it is as effective as a insulation. This is an outside shed grow again.

In the past I only grew one plant and it worked great but I have a few varieties of Ethos beans this time around and was thinking maybe some variety in my inventory might be good. I have Cresendo, Banana Daddy and Strawberry OG.

My old way was to veg for 30 days with a single plant and then into flower. Would it be possible to veg for 2 weeks with smaller plants and then go into flower. Anyone with short veg experience estimate what kind of harvests from a super short veg cycle? Any disadvantages to short veg?
Soil grower here. Not everything I do necessarily transfers directly to hydro but in this case I think I can safely answer. There's many viable ways to grow. In your case, shorter veg and an extra plant or a longer veg and fewer plants are both good choices.

Larger plants typically give more yield per plant but not necessarily from the space. 2 plants will take less time in veg to fill the space but each plant's yield will less than the one larger plant but could in some circumstances provide more yield with both than with the one. Shorter veg times means quicker to enter flower and could potentially mean an extra grow cycle in a 12 month period. Likewise, space permitting, you could clone and run sea of green with very small plants. What way is best really comes down to what works best for you. All will give you good results.

Habosabin

Habosabin

Soil grower here. Not everything I do necessarily transfers directly to hydro but in this case I think I can safely answer. There's many viable ways to grow. In your case, shorter veg and an extra plant or a longer veg and fewer plants are both good choices.

Larger plants typically give more yield per plant but not necessarily from the space. 2 plants will take less time in veg to fill the space but each plant's yield will less than the one larger plant but could in some circumstances provide more yield with both than with the one. Shorter veg times means quicker to enter flower and could potentially mean an extra grow cycle in a 12 month period. Likewise, space permitting, you could clone and run sea of green with very small plants. What way is best really comes down to what works best for you. All will give you good results.
Ultimately, if I ever get a place with a decent grow space I would love to have a few choice mothers and do SOG. I usually get around half a pound from my grows from a single so sometimes smoking one strain for a long time gets a little boring. That's why I was thinking of maybe actually using my beans vs 1 bean a year. lol. I am planning on the one plant currrently but the idea of smaller plants with variety sounds intriguing.

Habosabin

Habosabin

So I went and bought more supplies. Here is what it will look like with 4 blocks. I can see I need to mount my heater somewhere in the upper part of tent if I do this.

F10F1F88 274A 421E AC60 00DD45CC101E
Top Bottom