Habosabin's Gorilla Glue Auto Grow

• Thread starter Habosabin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Habosabin

Habosabin

Here is my current grow. I always feel like I'm gonna lose control at any given time so wish me luck.

This is a free seed I got a while back. I was germinating some Ethos seeds and had a string of bad luck so started sprouting my free seeds to get a handle on things. This seed survived so my experiment continues. I wish I had an idea what breeder this is but I don't. Probably fastseeds if I had to guess.

Day 42 from sprout. Tent is 70cm x 70cm. Grown outdoors in shed. Trying to keep it simple. Using only one nute floranova grow and bloom only. RO water.

Habosabins gorilla glue auto grow
Habosabins gorilla glue auto grow 2
Habosabin

Habosabin

Nice setup, is that a coco grow block and then the roots grow further down into that tub, is it a coco/hydro hybrid?
Thx. It's a half mama rockwool block. 8x8x4. The roots so far just stop at the bottom of the block. They don't extend into the bin and haven't had any drainage issues. I have 5 gallons in the bin and I top feed twice a day. I'm attempting a sterile reservoir with h202 but have had some growth. I had terrible success with DWC so have tried rockwool last two grows. Growth is very good in rockwool.

Last edited:
Habosabin

Habosabin

Nice setup, is that a coco grow block and then the roots grow further down into that tub, is it a coco/hydro hybrid?
Here are the roots at day 15. I've put some chop sticks as a spacer in between the block and lid to assist in drainage since this pic.

BE1D2909 1C1C 4F1A 8A10 F6B19EFB1280
Habosabin

Habosabin

Very nice work with that rockwool, and clearly the nutes are dialed in nicely!
Thx. I think rockwool is more forgiving than dwc. I'm doing the single nute feed schedule. Last grow I was throwing all different stuff but figured I should keep it simple until I understand this stuff better.

I am seeing some very slight possible calmag spots here and there. I'll try to keep ph closer to 6 from now on.

Habosabin

Habosabin

Some of my thought process.

My outside nighttime temps have been mid thirties for most of this grow. I’ve tried to compensate for as much as I can. i added humidity this time around and I think the seedling and veg stages loved it. My challenge is dealing with high humidity while keeping the temps at around 80f. I run an LED at 120 watts at 18h Using Photone with correct full spectrum setting I get around 35DLI. 500ppfd.

I was running a 20 hr day and my light at max height. I also saw an a very low amount of leaves some small dark brown spots looking more like magnesium spots. Also noticed the serrated edges turning up. I’ve read that could be a symptom of on the verge of some other thing like lock out. My ph is between 5.8 and 6.2. Reservoir looks good and clear. What I suspected was my lights on temps in the low 70s and supposedly LEDs ran at lower air temps resulted in like cal/mag issues and recommended temp of 80 to avoid this lockout.

So I added a dehumidifier thats way to big. I understand it’s not best practice to stick it in the tent but this is the only possible way in my reality. I’ll be able to maintain 80 during the coldest parts of the lights on to try and keep these necrotic spots at bay. I’ve set it to run 11 hours from midnight to 11am.

Here is a pic of a bud today. You can see a spot in the lower right corner. They are spread the brightest parts of the canopy. Other pic is the new situation with the giant dehumidifier. Once I am able to grow indoors someday I wouldn’t need it like this. I would like to get a plant to harvest without it looking like it got beat up.

This sound plausible? Now I am stoned right now and it seems to be the path I should take.

931157E4 0266 4622 9D3F 8C835B109367
A0397335 79CE 4D71 A2C6 139D38F272ED
Habosabin

Habosabin

Day 47 From sprout. Still keeping eye on the cal mag spots. Lowered hours from 20 to 18 when I first noticed to take some stress off. Added shooting powder today.

This photo is high res but the website reduces quality If they are too large I think.

273AFD56 1893 4A3D B4E0 5CB143701302
Habosabin

Habosabin

So here is one of the spotted leaves that is in direct light. This looks like calcium deficiency? I’ve added cal mag. adjusting ph everyday. What is it continues to worsen? These are a small percentages of leaves in the canopy in direct light that show these spots and slight lightening of the chlorophyll.

A9D7F95B F4C0 48DD 89C4 E79627CCC65D
Habosabin

Habosabin

I currently am battling what I believe are fungus gnats. Yellow stickys on way, duct tape stepping in until yellow cards arrive.

Habosabin

Habosabin

Update. Some pics of the buds. Lots of hairs can’t see calyxes yet. Still have gnats. Will get some mosquito dunks today. Not much smell coming off of buds yet.

525DE0C4 08A1 4D83 9AF3 D11C2BA30DA8
F310494E D73D 47A9 93A3 3927D7AEA0CE
C45BD9CA B86E 4623 9429 B77A983A09F2
Habosabin

Habosabin

I currently am battling what I believe are fungus gnats. Yellow stickys on way, duct tape stepping in until yellow cards arrive.
Checked tent today after putting dunks in reservoir and irrigated 3 hours later. No gnat activity compared to last two days. Waiting for yellow stickies to arrive to arrive.

Habosabin

Habosabin

I just discovered the ink bird temperature controller with day and night settings. This gives me temperature control when the exhaust is venting out humid air, the heater can stay on to compensate for the cold air coming in. The only problem I have are hot days, which I can’t cool; and humid days where it’s more humid outside than in the tent. But this should take 90% load off the dehumidifier.

Latest posts

Top Bottom