Had Some Auto Flower Seed that We Can't Get To Sprout

• Thread starter oLd1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oLd1

oLd1

Ordered some Seed, sprouted no problem, Ordered some from the same company. Tried sprouting 3X, nothing.

Gluton for Punishment I ordered some more. I know they will make it good but.

Getting Gorilla Glue Autos then Cherry Pie Photo. Oh getting a 4X4 Tent.

oLd1

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Seeds that don't sprout are depressing.

I know there are tons of methods, but you posted so I'll share mine.

Seeds in small glass with slightly warm water until they sink. Move seeds to folded damp paper towel stored in warm dark place in a container where it cannot dry out. Check daily.

Good luck!!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
yes soaking in water is good, with a little hydrogen peroxide is even better like a 7-8% strength., let sit in glass qqfor 10 hours, doesn’tsss matter if the float or sink, than just plant them, when you make your indentation in the soil to plant i make it a little bigger so i can put some already moistened peat as a bed for the seed and lightly cover with more peat and soil, than put under 18/6 light with a seedling heating mat plugged into the timer to come on when lights on and off when lights off, seeds should be all showing if not popped up within 4 days..
though give it a few more days if nothing is showing.,

oLd1

oLd1

Ok tried something different.

Put the seed in the Refrigerator better in the Freezer for few days. Make them think it is Winter.

Put them on Paper Towel cover with another Paper Towel, mist until damp, put in dark place, mist every day. Give up after 3 days.

Did this yesterday they were swelled. I had given up. Today I checked them they had sprouted.

Happy Dance!

oLd1

Top Bottom