Had to strip a ton of leaves

• Thread starter Vb2flat2surf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

So I posted a few weeks back about something happening to my Durban Posion plants. It's my first attempt at Photoperiods as I've always only grown Autos pretty successfully. About 2 weeks ago right before flipping to 12 and 12 I went out of town and couldn't water, came back, plays were very droopy. Watered plants and from the point shit went downhill. Leaves got really yellow and patches of brown. They were so weak that even the fan was blowing some off. Its mainly in my plant that I Topped. It looks way worse then the one I didn't (on right in pictures).
I stripped off all of the nasty leaves just now and watered and fed after not feeding for 2 watering hoping a flush would help. My plants look like shit. My question is can a plant like the one one the left with little leaves still bounce back and produce decent Buds or should I just give up. I have plenty other Autos growing outdoors now and in other closets. I personally enjoy Autos and feel like I have gotten good at growing them.
Any tips or advice and honest feedback would really be appreciated

Had to strip a ton of leaves
Had to strip a ton of leaves 2
Had to strip a ton of leaves 3
Had to strip a ton of leaves 4
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Temp right now is 81 degrees. My RH is low at 30 percent cause our A.C is on. I was tempted to turn the Humidifier on but I've never had to do that during flower.

dire wolf

dire wolf

hey V , in my experience ive seen crappy leaf growth like yours and the plant continue to flower amazingly well , the rebound almost like separate plants
id get that fan on the right turned up to take the wind off the plant , the constant airflow can interfere with transpiration , stay with them ... they look really top happy
id keep my eye on em and if they keep moving , nurture them
how are you feeding them ?

dire wolf

dire wolf

Temp right now is 81 degrees. My RH is low at 30 percent cause our A.C is on. I was tempted to turn the Humidifier on but I've never had to do that during flower.
little hot in there and the fan might not be helping if not turned off the tops

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I have always had a temperature issue. But my other strains have handled it fine. I'm about to move our portable A.C unit to the side of my tent where the intake is and see if it helps. I just moved fans. I have always waterd, fed, watered, fed in previous grows and I go lighter on my feeds. I know these pics um about to post are In a Previous thread but as an example, this is a gelato Auto that grew in the exact same conditions, same feeding AND 24 hour light the past 4 weeks (new experiment and I think I'm going back to 20/4 light schedule for autos. I noticed Buds weren't as big and dense as previous grows)

20220422 205726
20220422 213108
20220422 213154
20220418 225610
freezeland2

freezeland2

Do you happen to know the leaf temps? You have a very high vpd right now which is causing over transpiration.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Only reading I have is my thermometer at the canopy amd on the light

20220423 212120
20220423 212115
freezeland2

freezeland2

The canopy is a little better and probably more representative of leaf temps. The leafs should be a couple degrees less. The rh is also a little better at the canopy.
If you were to lower the temp a couple degrees if possible and raising the rh it would help with transpiration and nutrient uptake.

Reactions: TSD
Moshmen

Moshmen

Lights- what light u using ? How far away and intensity?

good advice from farmers so far but curious what your lighting with ?
as you have found out autos and photos not the same , once you get good at the photos , you won’t grow as many autos

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Mars Hydro TSL2000. I have been messing with height, intensity, distance. I've used the hand test (see if it gets too hot). I have read my lux reader at 52000, I have raised my light feom other people's thoughts to near 24 inches. And I'm running it at 100 percent. Everything was fine till when I went out of town and plants got droopy as he'll from no water. Since then a few weeks back it's been nothing but issues. I was at point of giving up but that's not who I am lol. I'm determined and really wanna get photos down. Last night when lights went out I quickly took a peak at the Buds with a flashlight for 3 seconds and they look good. It's the plant in general and leaves that look horrible.

Moshmen

Moshmen

The extented dry back was prolly the root problem and just haven’t been able to catch up looks good otherwise I usually learn best from my own mistakes , u sound the same

Reactions: TSD
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Just kills me lol. I'm a damn perfectionist, a landscape company owner and have always thought I had a pretty good green thumb. Then when I started getting confident in my auto grows I thought photos would be easy. I really do that lack of water really messed things up. Looking at my journal, when I came back from vacation it was due for a heavier feeding AND at the time my cat spilled my bottle of cal mag hahaha. Fucker loves anything to do with weed. If I'm smoking he is there, if im planting he's there, if I'm watering he's there and he LOVES WEED. The name "Rasta" suits him well lol. Added Humidifier last night amd watered with a feed (due for it) and got up to 40% humidity and actually plants are looking a little better already. Also moved fans off canopy percent. And all my new growth does look better since last night

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

I remembered that you said in an earlier post about these same plants, that you were watering/ feeding every 3 days after that initial dry period. As a result of that experience, I believe these plants look to have been chronically over watered (too often, not allowing root zone to get oxygen, hence roots can't uptake the nutrients as effectively as a healthy plant). Look how the tips of your fan leaves throughout the plant have curled down tips (chicken clawed looking fan leaves), and from the tips being burned, possibly too much in your feedings also. This has probably created permanent root damage that the plant will not completely recover from this point of flower.

Here is an interesting read that may help you:
https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannab...-problems-cannabis#triggers-for-root-problems

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Thank you for analyzing my posts and piecing things together. I am still trying to figure out tgis watering. I know that I mess it up tye first 30 days ot seems. I really need to focus on that with seeds I got Un dirt now

GrimgorzDaBest

GrimgorzDaBest

Bit late to change anything about this grow but I would highly recommend auto-pots

they definitely alleviate a lot of the guesswork of watering your plants and allow you to leave your grow alone for days knowing everything is automated. Been using the double tray system for a couple years now with no issues other than regular cleaning of the tubing and valve pieces.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I love this idea. Once I can get a designated room I will go all out I'm sure. I'm stuck with a. Piece of shit 4 by 2 tent and trying to do tye best I can. I am trying a bunch of outdoor autos as we speak that I Planted today and just going to let nature do everything. Simply to see what happens

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

LATEST UPDATE: After stripping some browned leaves, moving fans off of canopy of plants, raising light up to 20", adding a Humidifier and getting constant 45% RH and Temps down around 79.... plants are perking back nicely thanks to alot of different advices. Gave them a very low dosage of nitrogen on my last 1/4 feed and I notice my new growth looking much better. About 5 weeks to go (I guess since I've never grown photoperiods. Im 32 days in since switching to 12/12)

20220429 203051
GridArt 20220429 204634964
Top Bottom