Hairs Turning Orange - Week 3

• Thread starter SoLowDolo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Hey guys, concerned newb here. Flipped to flower 22 days ago. I was admiring my ladies tonight and noticed a couple buds with orange hairs already. I thought it was too soon, but like I said, I'm a newb lol. Is this normal? Or is it a sign of the plant being unhealthy? Pics...
Hairs turning orange   week 3
Hairs turning orange   week 3 2

Monster762

Monster762

Hey guys, concerned newb here. Flipped to flower 22 days ago. I was admiring my ladies tonight and noticed a couple buds with orange hairs already. I thought it was too soon, but like I said, I'm a newb lol. Is this normal? Or is it a sign of the plant being unhealthy? Pics...
View attachment 827028 View attachment 827029
Sometimes heat will do it. Mine do it a little usually. Some strains are yellower some more pinkish or purple. They’ll brown when really ripening up. But lights too close can lightly singe the pistils like that. Unless you see em burning up everywhere you’re ok. Root issues could show there too but you’d see clearly in leaves too.

Monster762

Monster762

Sometimes heat will do it. Mine do it a little usually. Some strains are yellower some more pinkish or purple. They’ll brown when really ripening up. But lights too close can lightly singe the pistils like that. Unless you see em burning up everywhere you’re ok. Root issues could show there too but you’d see clearly in leaves too.
Oh I’ll add I’m far from a pro myself just stuff I’ve observed along the way.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Oh ok,I am sure it's not the lights then, those orange hairs are on smaller, secondary branches below the main branches.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Look for any nanners/ hermies.
They like to appear around week 3 and then week 6 of bloom.
That would be why they are dying off so early. They are about to start seeds.
STR8
Thanks for the tip, I look at them quite often and haven't noticed any yet but I will keep my eyes peeled for them.

Monster762

Monster762

173AF215 D27B 49A7 852C FD543C22B6BF
Thanks for the tip, I look at them quite often and haven't noticed any yet but I will keep my eyes peeled for them.
Look underneath where the calyx is. I found one went hermie overnight. Only a little cluster like this here n there some branches were good but I sent the whole thing out. Can’t risk the rest. This was about 2 weeks in.
173AF215 D27B 49A7 852C FD543C22B6BF

Monster762

Monster762

Look for any nanners/ hermies.
They like to appear around week 3 and then week 6 of bloom.
That would be why they are dying off so early. They are about to start seeds.
STR8
Hope that ain’t happening here. Everything still bright white n swelling so hope I’m ok. I know if pollen hits budswell stops. I learned that already. Even with minimum seeds. It diverts the energy to seed not bud.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

View attachment 827033
Look underneath where the calyx is. I found one went hermie overnight. Only a little cluster like this here n there some branches were good but I sent the whole thing out. Can’t risk the rest. This was about 2 weeks in. View attachment 827033
These are about the best pics I could take. I've never seen a Hermie in person. This particular plant actually had orange hairs sprouting all over near the calyx, I believe. These are the best pics I could get. They got like one or 2 orange hairs coming out of them. Are those normal lady parts?
IMG 20180902 202930067
IMG 20180902 202526514 BURST000 COVER

Monster762

Monster762

E120F19A E56C 401B BDF9 E105B79E554E
These are about the best pics I could take. I've never seen a Hermie in person. This particular plant actually had orange hairs sprouting all over near the calyx, I believe. These are the best pics I could get. They got like one or 2 orange hairs coming out of them. Are those normal lady parts?View attachment 827042 View attachment 827043
Your second pic is good. First pic I zoomed n copied if you can focus on just the area centered not the top bud the left one under it. Are those little oval banana looking things on the little bud ? Right above the bigger leaf that goes across bottom of pic

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

View attachment 827044
Your second pic is good. First pic I zoomed n copied if you can focus on just the area centered not the top bud the left one under it. Are those little oval banana looking things on the little bud ? Right above the bigger leaf that goes across bottom of pic
I went and looked for a minute in that area but I was in a hurry as lights are gonna shut off any minute now. I will look better tomorrow but it just looked like leaves to me. I've never seen a nanner in person either tho lol

Top Bottom