Hales House of Pain-Free Germination in Soil

• Thread starter KingHale
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KingHale

KingHale

-First, I prep rainwater, pH balancing it to 6.0
-Then, I put a thin layer of that water in the bottom of my propagator.
-I widen and deepen the hold on my root riot plug, just to about an inch or so deep and so that the hole is wide enough to accommodate a seed but still closes on its own. I place the root riot plug in the center of my propagator.
-I then run 6.0 balanced water over the root riot plug to saturate it (basically treating it like rock wool prep from what I understand) and fill the bottom tray to full (about 1/8”) with 6.0 water.
-insert seed into the root riot plug, pointy side down.
I place my heating pad underneath the propagator, plug it in and leave it be for 48 hours.
-close the tent and leave in complete darkness for 48 hours. You don’t really need to do anything for 2 days. You can vent the propagator if you like but it’s really not necessary
- the night prior to day 3, I get my lights set to vegetative mode at a height which provides less than 140 umol/m2, set the timer for 18 hours of light and go to bed.
- the seed will pop on day 3 or 4. Successful germination. I’ve had 100% success rate since I started using this method, which is only 4/4 but still worth noting.

happy growing everyone!

Hales house of pain free germination in soil
Hales house of pain free germination in soil 2
Hales house of pain free germination in soil 3
Top Bottom