handling a huge cola question...

• Thread starter 420.hydro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420.hydro

420.hydro

So...i have no idea what strain she is but the trichomes are milky/ready (she's been in the dark for 2 days)...and she grew this way without any training or trimming...having never experienced this size of cola do i need to do anything different as far as harvesting a single stalk plant and drying a huge dense cola???
20211220 081924
20211220 082130

zzzybil

zzzybil

thinks air circulation is critical ........... maybe divide / trim down a little before jar for air in innerds.......... aVoid mold !........... congrats watta beauty...... wish i had that kinda worry

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

I would break that entire cola up. I personally wouldn't risk hanging the entire thing as is the inter-nodal spacing is too tight and if you get just a tiny mold in one spot it will grow up the inside and make a bud rot nightmare. Just use a drying rack or one of those hanging net things and snip it apart and gently set them all on the rack. Airflow is key also.

Observationist

Observationist

I would break that entire cola up. I personally wouldn't risk hanging the entire thing as is the inter-nodal spacing is too tight and if you get just a tiny mold in one spot it will grow up the inside and make a bud rot nightmare. Just use a drying rack or one of those hanging net things and snip it apart and gently set them all on the rack. Airflow is key also.
hang the buds up in the rack, if you lay flat youll get flat spots, helps to rotate but meh.

josefrahl

josefrahl

i wouldnt lay them down at all, id hang them, you CAN rotate them but meh, fuck that, hang it.
I think boogie was talking about a mesh drying rack. The mesh net conforms to the buds' shape so it won't lose it's shape. I use one for drying herbs other than cannabis.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

It kind of depends if you are gonna dry trim or wet trim. If you wet trim then you gotta be more careful laying them sideways on the rack. If you dry trim (aka leave the shaggy on them) then it doesn't matter as much. As long as its on a rack or net its cool I do it all the time. Once you nip off all the sugar leaves the flower underneath is usually fine you hardly see any flat spots at all. Obviously hanging is always preferred but if you end up having a handful of leftover single nugs you can toss them on the rack its fine.

Observationist

Observationist

It kind of depends if you are gonna dry trim or wet trim. If you wet trim then you gotta be more careful laying them sideways on the rack. If you dry trim (aka leave the shaggy on them) then it doesn't matter as much. As long as its on a rack or net its cool I do it all the time. Once you nip off all the sugar leaves the flower underneath is usually fine you hardly see any flat spots at all. Obviously hanging is always preferred but if you end up having a handful of leftover single nugs you can toss them on the rack its fine.
thanks for the clarification, i only used it a few times with wet trim, so that makes sense

M

Miyagi72

Nice bud !!!
If u had several hundreds I would worry about humidity other than that.....
Hang it and smoke it. Enjoy....

Latest posts

Top Bottom