Hanging buds in paper bags to dry

• Thread starter Grannieoz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grannieoz

Grannieoz

I have been poking holes in the top of paper grocery bags and hanging my buds for over a decade. I devised this method out of necessity as I don't have much space for drying, no room for a closet and I prefer a slower dry than hanging in the open in CA warm weather. The bags can be doubled for heavy top buds and it's best to tape the stem tops with some kind of paper tape or the buds fall down as the stems dehydrate.

I start drying with the bags open and eventually close them. This method requires daily monitoring like any other method always monitor for possible problems like mold or drying too quickly. Fortunately I've never had a problem with mold.
I dry my buds until they are ready for curing in Mason jars with hygrometers.
Happy Harvesting 😎

PSX 20200916 120512
PSX 20200916 120130
PSX 20200916 120018
PSX 20200916 115902
Cjm2164

Cjm2164

I have been poking holes in the top of paper grocery bags and hanging my buds for over a decade. I devised this method out of necessity as I don't have much space for drying, no room for a closet and I prefer a slower dry than hanging in the open in CA warm weather. The bags can be doubled for heavy top buds and it's best to tape the stem tops with some kind of paper tape or the buds fall down as the stems dehydrate.

I start drying with the bags open and eventually close them. This method requires daily monitoring like any other method always monitor for possible problems like mold or drying too quickly. Fortunately I've never had a problem with mold.
I dry my buds until they are ready for curing in Mason jars with hygrometers.
Happy Harvesting 😎

Top Bottom