Harbor Freight Vac Pump

• Thread starter Crush It
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Crush It

Gonna pick up one of these tomorrow to try out. A friend uses one..can these pumps be run c on continuously for at least 4 hr at a time and I can shut the pump down let it rest and continue or are they good enough to run for a few more hrs?

scubascrog

scubascrog

I like how you post a thread saying buying one of these without listing a pic or anything.......

scubascrog

scubascrog

harbor freight is usually p cheap.try to find one with a warranty

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Harbor freight warranty’s everything, save your receipts. I have a contractor that does it with there generators and gas motors. It takes a shit on him he takes it back they swap him a new one no questions asked. It’s pretty slick except the labor cost for time down and repairing the equipment.

sixstring

sixstring

vac pumps are designed to run for many hours on end.if its worth a damn it should be fine for what you want

C

Crush It

Ok so can you guys help me out on directions on purging in a stainless pot with lexan lid. Should I run the pump for just a few hours at a time?

sixstring

sixstring

Ok so can you guys help me out on directions on purging in a stainless pot with lexan lid. Should I run the pump for just a few hours at a time?
if your not careful ya might "crush it" hahaha,had to man :cool:
your pot should have a shutoff valve/ball valve so when you get to a desired neg pressure you could close the valve and turn off the pump.be carefull man,make sure that pump is not capable of crushing that lexan lid.

C

Crush It

Its half in thick. And how does the butane escape if I shut down the pump?

Top Bottom