Hard Water Spots or Mildew?

• Thread starter WoodmoreCo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WoodmoreCo

WoodmoreCo

Hi all! First time long time.

Just started my first ever grow, and I am super excited however, maybe I’m being a little overly worried about my girl.

Here’s the scoop:

Outdoor Grow in southeast Massachusetts (hot humid summers)
8ish hours of direct sunlight, usually some sort of breeze
Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil
Seedsman White Widow Autoflower seed
Recently started LST
No nutes, neem oil, etc. [was waiting for flowering stage for nutes (FF Big Bloom) since autos veg cycle is so quick.] and just water from the hose in a watering can.
Currently 25 days from seed.

My Issue:

I’ve recently noticed these white spots or “stains” on my leaves. I’m curious, are there issues with my water? Do I need to amend it? Admittedly I’ve never tested it. 🤫 Or is humidity creating some mildew? It’s not really powdery.

Looking for any suggestions, ideas, thoughts, or shit even opinions about the plant in general.
Hard water spots or mildew
Hard water spots or mildew 2
Hard water spots or mildew 3
Hard water spots or mildew 4
Hard water spots or mildew 5

Happy Growing to all! 🌱

visajoe1

visajoe1

welcome! not a bad setup for first time, good luck to you. doesnt look like any sort of pest, probably mineral deposits from watering based on the other pic with water all over it.

few things i recommend:
-PH. when watering and feeding having correct PH is important. for soil it should be around 6.5. Genereral Hydroponics has a small kit with all you need for $15, consider it. water until 10-20% runoff, then dont water again until dry (every 1-3 days depending on size).
-dont LST, top, fim, or anything to an autoflower they do not like it. let it grow straight up and provide support with bamboo for example
-when feeding, use 1/4 strength of what instructions recommend, you will hardly need any nutes for this one

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

you mention small brezze,stupid question but do you foilar feed? im asking because i came across a dozzy few years back,i foilar sprayed my garden in city,had same looking stuff,everyone said pm ,made since 104 during day drastic drop to high 80 at night perfect setup for pm,whip off like pm ,but didnt come back to the leaf for a few days,puzzled the hell out of me until i realized the new road they were building behind my house was lime used to harden the soil for road,sure enough when they laid the black top no more signs,is it dusty around your place,ive got pm on all i have grown this year,only rain i get is from my water hose,this year it rained every day for a week,8 1/2 in rain in 30 min washed out a whole hill and dropped trees like crazy but every since it stopped ive had pm ,if it was it would be more dominant and show all the leaves just saying,i live on a rock ,well 500 ft deep of the most alkaline water you ever seen and never has it left a residue,your aquifer might be difrent,thats why i asked if you foilar feed in dusty conditions,one thing for sure i would take some milk on a paper towel and wipe it off that leave for safe sake

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Autoflowers dont do well outdoors, have you had high humid days? Excess humidity will cause spotting on autoflowers beacuse there mostly grown for indoor use, autoflowers are relatively low yiel plant, and do worse outside, i just grew dark devel autoflowers once my rh goes over 50% spots, and they spread, in my option this could be your problem, allso never transplant an autoflower weak root systems , put them in pot or bag you intend to do your whole grow in, I use botanacare pro food after day 21 start feeding, if you don't want to feed when you switch to bloom nutrients (I use botanacare bloom soil mix or atami bloombastic, can't go wrong there, go really really easy when you start bloom nutrients it may shock and burn your plant, go realy easy at first way below recommend dose or all your hard work will go up in smoke metaphoricley.

WoodmoreCo

WoodmoreCo

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the input!

Gives me comfort knowing others don’t think it’s PM. Thank you all for your suggestions, I could certainly be doing this better but you work with what your given, for me, it was a late start (August) and I couldn’t grow in my home so outdoors it is!

Constructive criticism is great thank you all!

@visajoe1 i see lots of growers LST autos, however they are all indoors lol. Do you think If I stop the LST now that it’ll adjust itself to grow straight up. I mean, I’ll take this one as a learning experience. Hopefully can’t start growing indoors in the next coming months with a move to a new place!

Thanks again everyone!

Top Bottom