Harvest / Drying ...... No one at Home

• Thread starter Badboar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Badboar

Badboar

I am leaving town for 9 days. My last 2 girls will be ready for harvest near are on the day of may departure. What to do?
1. Turn out the lights, keep air circulation then leave undisturbed in the pot until my return.
2. Cut and hang unattended for 9 days in grow tent. Can leave fan in operation for circulation. Humidity if needed only lasts for 3 to 4 days.
What are your thoughts.

Thanks

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I am leaving town for 9 days. My last 2 girls will be ready for harvest near are on the day of may departure. What to do?
1. Turn out the lights, keep air circulation then leave undisturbed in the pot until my return.
2. Cut and hang unattended for 9 days in grow tent. Can leave fan in operation for circulation. Humidity if needed only lasts for 3 to 4 days.
What are your thoughts.

Thanks
Not liking any of the choices, but if I had to choose between them..it would be #2 (only because I doubt a plant would survive 9 days without water.
If you dry under 50% RH..I'm sure you know what's at risk! (over dried bud with no recovery).
Can you cut and leave the entire plant hung in tact to slow the dry? Dry trimming is a PIA but actually makes for better end product imo.

Wish I could be more positive..anyway..good luck.

Kepp89

Kepp89

i'd let her stay alive for as long as she can. let her get rid of every ounce of energy and then when i get home i'd chop her down. maybe have her on 4/20 to help her use up any energy.

now idk what the lack of water for a few days will do to the buds but i cant fathom why letting it die on its own at the end of harvest is bad.

Badboar

Badboar

I was thinking about the possibility of just shutting off the lights and letting them sit idle in place till I return. The pot should dry up so rotting would be a minimal risk. Not sure how the little ladies would like it? This is an indoor grow. Last I could chop them down now. I have 6 days before leaving town. They might be ready to place in jars after a week. Unfortunately I would not be able to let them breath for 9 days.
IMG 0929

Badboar

Badboar

Saturday will be 10 weeks in flower. The girl on the left is GG4 and on the right is Skywalker.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

No great options but if it were me I would wait as close to the time i leave as possible and chop and hang as @Buzzer777 pointed out the whole plant, get the temps down in the mid/low 60's and RH about 55% but no higher since your not there to check them. That should buy you at least 10 days.

Badboar

Badboar

Thanks for everyone's input. I have decided to get the chainsaw out and go to work now. I feel more comfortable starting the process while I am available. I am already 1 to 2 weeks past the breeders suggested flowering time, however I am only seeing amber on the sugar leaves and opaque cloudy trichomes on the flowers. Sampled both from the bottom of canopy and was pleased with the results. The canopy top will be much more robust, I hope!

Thanks Again!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom