Harvest help. First time grow.

• Thread starter Sirgriffen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sirgriffen

Alledgedly a bbkush auto feminized.
Approx 2 months (8-9 weeks age).
First run. Legit dont know when its done.
As well live in very humid environment so curing questions as well.

20220602 220423
20220602 220418
20220602 220431
S

Sirgriffen

My only question is whats the giveaway of when it is mature enough?
And does a food dehydrator work for curing?
My buddies grew for years so i saw what they did but never have dabbled.

Heywood

Heywood

My only question is whats the giveaway of when it is mature enough?
And does a food dehydrator work for curing?
My buddies grew for years so i saw what they did but never have dabbled.

Your "only question"... and then you have two questions? lol.

You need a magnification device - like a Jeweler's loupe - that will allow you to examine your trichomes. The frosty looking stuff all over your buds.
The generally desired range is to have 20% - 30% amber colored trichomes. A little less or a little more is no problem. The rest of them should be mostly cloudy, with a small percentage being clear.

Never heard of anyone ever using a food dehydrator for curing.
Just do some Google searches man... "How to cure cannabis"

Trichome shades

whelksemengmail.com

whelksemengmail.com

They shud bulk out a bit and hairs go more brown but its hard to tell from a pic.. No Def don't using a food dehydrator.. Just hang them up to dry

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Your pics are too blurry to see them, but are the stigmas ("hairs") white or red? If they're all red, start looking at trichs. If they're not all red, don't waste your time until they are all red.

Curing is not the same as drying. Drying in a food dehydrator will result in a second rate product. Air drying is best. I like it when it takes 7-10 days to dry.

Curing is about storing the mostly dried buds with just enough humidity/moisture to keep some aerobic bacteria active and breaking down plant constituents that you don't need to be smoking, like chlorophyll, starches, etc. That process can take 2 weeks to multiple months, depending on what you want.

A

Akgriffin85

Better pics would help, but does look like it could go longer. As far as food dehydrated for cure, from experience, we cured some of a harvest our normal way, usually a 3 week process, and used a food dehydrator for some. Test results were practically the same, I think the food dehydrated tested maybe 1% higher in terps and like. 5 to 1% lower THC. Most of us preferred the taste of the normally cured bud over the food dehydrated, but others couldn't tell a difference. We were just trying it at work because on large scale the food dehydrator would speed up the process, but in the end decided to stick with our old school ways 😊

S

Sirgriffen

With this curing stuff.
My trichs i know now are not fully devoloped.
So 2-3weeks par current status i assume.

My concern with the curing and why i referenced the food dehydrator is simply because i live in an almost 80%+humidity average climate. And thats concerning.

Also if this happens to be a success, im gonna be bscj begging again for round 2, as i want the second grow to be better than the first.

Also tried to take better pics of cola

20220603 210518
20220603 210513
20220603 210510
Top Bottom