Harvest Part Of The Plant?

• Thread starter SharkLasko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SharkLasko

SharkLasko

Hello, I am a newbie grower, this is my first grow. I have a small cabinet that is full of flowers (literally full). The two or three main colas at the top are massive and I believe ready for harvest, I had to supercrop them just to keep them from growing over the light 250w cfl. I have a lot of popcorn and smaller colas, that seems to be still growing well, lots of new pistils. I was thinking of pulling the huge colas at the top and giving the rest more light and more time. I am growing white widow auto in dwc. They have been growing for 13 weeks, this is the end of the 8th week of flower. Is it possible that part of the plant is ready and part is not due to limited lighting (and space) situation?

Thanks

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Hello, I am a newbie grower, this is my first grow. I have a small cabinet that is full of flowers (literally full). The two or three main colas at the top are massive and I believe ready for harvest, I had to supercrop them just to keep them from growing over the light 250w cfl. I have a lot of popcorn and smaller colas, that seems to be still growing well, lots of new pistils. I was thinking of pulling the huge colas at the top and giving the rest more light and more time. I am growing white widow auto in dwc. They have been growing for 13 weeks, this is the end of the 8th week of flower. Is it possible that part of the plant is ready and part is not due to limited lighting (and space) situation?

Thanks
Pic would help bro, but yea the color of the Trichs would be a gauge to determine maturity.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
‘‘Tis is an example of too early a bud, had a worker break a branch at the farm and this was taken to gauge maturity and well shoot see how she smokes, true og kush. 8th week , needs about another week or so, the brown pistils but trichs still super clear.

EEB1E2A5 05E1 48F0 92A7 DECF06B23034
SharkLasko

SharkLasko

Any amber??
Well that comes with another question. Where is the appropriate place to sample from? Leaf, bud, more mature cola, less mature cola. I have to cut a piece off to look at it. The leaf looks like occasional amber, but should I be looking at a bud?

SharkLasko

SharkLasko

I probably started flushing too early. My plant is showing nutrient deficiency all over and I have a 4 week old plant in there that is doing the same thing. I was planning on cutting her down tomorrow, but I'm guessing I should wait a few more days at least, if not another week, until I see the amber tricomes. I have been flushing now for 1.5 weeks. Also, the plant has started to show root disease with browning. I would have used some hydroguard, but is says don't use it in last week.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
The pistils look like they have another week on em, but the trichs should get amber , like the most dominant looking cola is what you judge maturity from

S

Simplicio

Thanks
Harvesting part is a viable strategy.
If you're in a big hurry, you can even dry some in a food dehydrator until the wet buds lose 80% of their weight.

SharkLasko

SharkLasko

The pistils look like they have another week on em, but the trichs should get amber , like the most dominant looking cola is what you judge maturity from
Ok, so not really any amber trikes. I decided to give her 8 more days, and I filled the basin up with nutrients to help the smaller plant. I will start the flush process again on wednesday and that will give the smaller colas more time to mature.
Thanks everyone for your questions and suggestions!

Top Bottom