Harvest time again!

• Thread starter Blaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blaze

Blaze

Things are winding down for our Christmas break, so I finally haf time to take a few bud shots of the cured and trimmed buds. Despite some mold issues, the crop came out pretty good both in terms of production and quality. It has been raining pretty much non stop for the past month, which has brough much needed relief from the drought. We are no where close to being out of the drought, and it would take more than one wet winter to get us out of it, but these last stroms have helped tremendously and will ensure we have plenty of water for next year.

First up, we've got the purple phenotype of my Kryptonite x Grape Krush cross. The male was a DJ Short Grape Krush male, and the Kryptonite is a cross of one of the green phenotypes of Purps x Killer Queen that I got from NCGA. This was an especially good seedling that leans very heavily towards the Purps heritage on the Kryptonite side. It tends to grow short and squat - usually wider than taller, but still produces very well despite not getting as physically large as most of the other plants in the garden. It finished early to mid season in my climate, depending on the phenotype. She produces large, dark purple buds, with a very complex, sweet armoma and lots of purple stemed crystals. The smell reminds me of boysenberries and anise, with hints of that unmistakable 'Purps' smell and has a fast acting, warm and fuzzy high to it.

Kgk0
Kgk1
Kgk2
Kgk3

Last edited:
Blaze

Blaze

Next up, is the Longbottom Leaf (AKA Kush Cleaner) that came from SierraSkunk and Loran. This one was one of the really gigantic, late one I posted pictures of earlier. She is super sticky and resinous, dense buds, and record-breaking yields. Has a sweet, pine-sol like smell and flavor that is pretty typical of this strain. Probably one of the more potent plants I got this year, with an effect that remind me of the OG Kush line. This particular one finished pretty late in the season (later than any of these seeds I have grown so far), but usually it finishes early. I've been very impressed with all the LBL seeds I have run, it is one of the best outdoor strains that I have grown.

Lbl0
Lbl1
Lbl2
Lbl3

Blaze

Blaze

Here is the Mendo Pineapple. This is probably my favorite cut almost every year - I love to both grow it and smoke it. It's a very sativa dominant strain that originates from somewhere here in Mendo, but the exact lineage is still unfortunately unknown at least to me. All I know is it showed up about a decade ago and has been passed around by friends in Mendo and Humboldt, and it is unlike other 'pineapple' strains I have seen (and in my opinion better). It is unusually vigorous, and has very long spacing between nodes, so it tends to get very tall - usually 10'-14'. It has a very open structure, requires very little thinning, is very mold and mildew resistant, but it does finish late in the season. She might not be the prettiest lady, but the smell is unmistakable - super strong, almost overwhelmingly sweet and smells just like fresh pineapple. For smell and flavor this is my personal favorite. Not super-potent, but still has a very nice, clear headed 'up' high to it, and it actually tastes very similar to how it smells.

Mpa0
Mpa1
Mpa2
Mpa3

Blaze

Blaze

Finally we've got some Super Silver Haze, the Oldsog cut. I did this one as a 'tester' - she kills it in the greenhouse and light dep so I was curious about full term outdoor. It grew very wide and vine-like, and required a lot of support. Didn't get very big either - yield was poor outside compared to the other strains I have so I think I will stick to running in the light dep and greenhouse. Smoke was great though, it produced lots of smaller, but dense and similar sized buds all up and down the branches. The smell on this one is sort of unusual - funky, salty but slightly sweet, really reminds me of a good hard cheese, like a nice parmesan. From the feedback I have seen getting, this has also been one of the best ones for medical purposes as well.

Ssh0
Ssh1
Ssh2
Ssh3

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Not that it's a competition, but I am gunning for you next year. Hoping my grow comes out as nice as yours. Enjoy the off season, rest up, then get back at it!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It's been a while since I've toked oldsog's SSH, but it's fun to see that she's still a classic and going around. A usual, Blaze, GREAT work!
First up, we've got the purple phenotype of my Kryptonite x Grape Krush cross. The male was a DJ Short Grape Krush male, and the Kryptonite is a cross of one of the green phenotypes of Purps x Killer Queen that I got from NCGA. This was an especially good seedling that leans very heavily towards the Purps heritage on the Kryptonite side. It tends to grow short and squat - usually wider than taller, but still produces very well despite not getting as physically large as most of the other plants in the garden. It finished early to mid season in my climate, depending on the phenotype. She produces large, dark purple buds, with a very complex, sweet armoma and lots of purple stemed crystals. The smell reminds me of boysenberries and anise, with hints of that unmistakable 'Purps' smell and has a fast acting, warm and fuzzy high to it.

View attachment 468443 View attachment 468444 View attachment 468445 View attachment 468446
It looks a like like his Purple Zebra to me.
Here is the Mendo Pineapple. This is probably my favorite cut almost every year - I love to both grow it and smoke it. It's a very sativa dominant strain that originates from somewhere here in Mendo, but the exact lineage is still unfortunately unknown at least to me. All I know is it showed up about a decade ago and has been passed around by friends in Mendo and Humboldt, and it is unlike other 'pineapple' strains I have seen (and in my opinion better). It is unusually vigorous, and has very long spacing between nodes, so it tends to get very tall - usually 10'-14'. It has a very open structure, requires very little thinning, is very mold and mildew resistant, but it does finish late in the season. She might not be the prettiest lady, but the smell is unmistakable - super strong, almost overwhelmingly sweet and smells just like fresh pineapple. For smell and flavor this is my personal favorite. Not super-potent, but still has a very nice, clear headed 'up' high to it, and it actually tastes very similar to how it smells.

View attachment 468455 View attachment 468456 View attachment 468457 View attachment 468458
I must say that, for me, it's a toss up between your Guava Kush and this Mendo Pineapple.

Blaze

Blaze

Thanks for stopping in Seamiaden! The Purple Zebra and the Kryptonite x Grape Krush do share a grandparent, so there is a similar lineage there. The PZ pheno is very rare though, this purple pheno on the K x GK shows up in about 20% of the seeds every year.

I did do some Guava Kush of course but I have not jarred any for personal smoke yet. I'll post some pics of it here soon. The Guava has been abit finicky, definitely works better as a seed line than as a clone outside. I'm starting to run low on F2 seeds though, so I think and F3 will be in order next year. I still have the winning cut of it too, but she never gets as big as the seedlings and is more finicky about her light cycle and nutrients.

Blaze

Blaze

a
Not that it's a competition, but I am gunning for you next year. Hoping my grow comes out as nice as yours. Enjoy the off season, rest up, then get back at it!

Nothing wrong for shooting for bigger and better next year, we always do. Between now and New Years is really the only break we ever get on the ranch. We'll be right back at it again in January, getting ready for the next season.

Top Bottom