Harvest time and I need a few sets of eyes to look at these close ups and help me learn what im looking for.

• Thread starter AtHomeFarmin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AtHomeFarmin

AtHomeFarmin

I have a few close ups of my current plant. I am just looking for a few experienced eyes to help me gain knowledge on what exactly to look for at a good harvest time in what I currently have. Am I seeing what's considered enough milky and not clear. Are the pistils looking right. If I'm definitely seeing some amber every once in a while is it time. Not the best close ups but hopefully I can get a few people to assist me. Thank you in advance.

Harvest time and i need a few sets of eyes to look at these close ups and help me learn what i
Harvest time and i need a few sets of eyes to look at these close ups and help me learn what i 2
Harvest time and i need a few sets of eyes to look at these close ups and help me learn what i 3
Harvest time and i need a few sets of eyes to look at these close ups and help me learn what i 4
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I have a few close ups of my current plant. I am just looking for a few experienced eyes to help me gain knowledge on what exactly to look for at a good harvest time in what I currently have. Am I seeing what's considered enough milky and not clear. Are the pistils looking right. If I'm definitely seeing some amber every once in a while is it time. Not the best close ups but hopefully I can get a few people to assist me. Thank you in advance.
They look good, but it seems there might be to many white pistils still. Stand back and give us a whole plant shot too please.

AtHomeFarmin

AtHomeFarmin

This is my first real grow. Liberty Haze strain from Barney Farms. 16 weeks total grow time so far.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

What exactly says about a week left? I'm just curious so I can learn.
If you look at the buds, youll see white pistils still. You want like 95% or better of them to be orangish/brown before you look at trichs. The close up shots are kinda hard to see the trichs in too so im saying a week but it could be more hard to say really

0ttomanfarmer

0ttomanfarmer

You should aim for some amber/golden trichomes. How much of a percentage is personal preference. 10%-15% is what i aim for.
If you never did it before, i would suggest to check the plant on a daily basis to see how it changes. Also keep in mind that the buds on the top will be faster than the bottom ones. The colour of a trichome changes from clear -> milky -> amber -> dark brown/black. You wait until you see some amber.
Posting a pic of my Cashew Kush. On this pic you can see clear, milky and amber trichomes.
WIN 20221209 11 35 56 Pro

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

i d say 2-3 week more.

Not really any amber trichromes in sight from your photos and as other have said you usually want more orange hairs at the time of harvest but this may also vary from a phenotype to another

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

leaves extremities bottom left of your first photo seem to show a few lite amber trichromes, but what you usually want is 5% to 30% amber trichromes inside the buds, trichromes of sugar leaves usually turn amber a little earlier than trichromes inside the buds.

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
Visual guides are great when you're new - the little info like on the differences between them make so much sense

Tri

Top Bottom