Harvesting a strictly CBD Plant..

• Thread starter Spiman2u
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Spiman2u

Spiman2u

My first strictly CBD plant. AC/DC.. It is classified a hybrid. 1% THC.. {Over 35 yrs growing} I usually go 50/50 on the trichome color. Should I harvest later to get more Cbd effects? Umm. Been doing research ..Nada
Thoughts?
Edit.. Not going to smoke it. Meds only.

Last edited:
Ponky

Ponky

My first strictly CBD plant. AC/DC.. It is classified a hybrid. 1% THC.. {Over 35 yrs growing} I usually go 50/50 on the trichome color. Should I harvest later to get more Cbd effects? Umm. Been doing research ..Nada
Thoughts?
If you're going to smoke it I would stick with a similar harvest scheme. Harvest when it's mature. To judge wait til most of the hairs turn orange.

Here's the only vague research I've seen

Not sure how useful that is. Not a lot of data. Most CBD isolate is from hemp I think. Not sure.

Spiman2u

Spiman2u

If you're going to smoke it I would stick with a similar harvest scheme. Harvest when it's mature. To judge wait til most of the hairs turn orange.

Here's the only vague research I've seen

Not sure how useful that is. Not a lot of data. Most CBD isolate is from hemp I think. Not sure.
Yea Thx. I edited/ no smoke. I use glass Jewelers loop on trichomes to pull myself..I am thinking 60/40 . thx for the read

growsince79

growsince79

Thoughts?
Edit.. Not going to smoke it. Meds only.
Just a guess, but I think both thc and cbd degrade when over ripe amber appears. Some people like smoking over ripe thc that degraded to cbn- so they wait for amber. I'm not sure what old cbd degrades to or what its effect. I'd chop it early and get more crops per year.

Spiman2u

Spiman2u

Just a guess, but I think both thc and cbd degrade when over ripe amber appears. Some people like smoking over ripe thc that degraded to cbn- so they wait for amber. I'm not sure what old cbd degrades to or what its effect. I'd chop it early and get more crops per year.
Thx for input. Funny how we all grow for THC-How we harvest is how we like our HIGH. CBD plant-Umm. It is why I asked.

MommaC

MommaC

Hi Spiman2u - This is my 3rd year growing the ACDC strain. I usually wait till I have about 20% amber. I use it to make medicinal products, I don't smoke it either. Hope this helps.

Garden
Spiman2u

Spiman2u

Thx man. A little late. Was up late pressing. I harvested near 50,/50.. amber. Good color but I am a bit disappointed in volume. I have basil at my base also. Birds love that Chit. Humming bird feeders also. I think it helps on those butterflies . Bleeping cats have been way down in quite a few years. Ac/Dc is for old lady. Hates them 11' ones..... "} I wish I had your yard..

U

Ultimer

Guys, is it actually a good idea to grow hemp? I'm just thinking about it, and I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Guys, is it actually a good idea to grow hemp? I'm just thinking about it, and I'm not sure if it's worth it.
Check your state and local laws because you technically need a license to grow hemp unless you're just talking about 1 or 2 plants and live in a weed legal state anyway. Welcome to the Farm, btw.

Top Bottom