Harvesting and Drying over a few days.....questions from Newbie

• Thread starter flowerlover
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
flowerlover

flowerlover

Hi all,

I am harvesting my one plant - but I am doing it over a few days, because I didn't realize how much work all the trimming is! I'm sure I am doing something wrong - as seems like it should not take 12 hours to trim one half of a plant....and my trimming is far from perfect.

I have a couple of questions....

1) My drying room seems to be getting warmer than every other room in my house. The room is about 10 x 10, no windows, no vents. I have two fans and a small dehumidifier in the room. Is that because the plants are giving off heat? Is it okay for me to crack the door a bit - at night (when it's dark) to bring a little more air in? The temperature is around 71 and the humidity wavers between 57 - 61. Also is it occasionally okay to turn the light on for a minute or two to check the dehumidifier, etc. (I would assume yes but seems like making assumptions can ruin a crop)?

2) I harvested 1/2 of my plant so far (over last 3 days). I want to harvest the rest of the plant - is it okay to put those newly harvested branches in with the branches that were harvested a few days ago? In other words....do I have to set up a second drying room? I hope not.....

Thank you all so much!

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Dehuey is basically a small heater. Think of a window AC units back side. That's a dehuey. Without airflow or ac it will heat the room. You can crack the door. You can put it all together in the same room. Light degrades THC. Why you keep the lights off. It won't hurt to turn a light on while you are in there specially with 1 plant.

You can also chop the whole plant and hang it then cut it branch by branch to trim it. That might be a better option then a branch at a time unless you are dead set on wet trimming only. I always chop my rooms and hang whole plants.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Light degrades THC.

That's an old hippy myth started by the thc-obsessed government/pharma, that University of Mississippi chemical crap weed. Everyone today is hopefully growing Cannabis rich in metabolites that prevent light exposure from having any negative impact. With today's quality 20+ Brix Cannabis everyone is growing, the precursor to thc is oxidized more so than the carbolic acid attached to thc. So it's a net gain after harvest.

Why are novices trimming their first bag of bud? You're trying to sell your first bag of weed to a dispensary or something? Eager to post pics online? There's no reason to trim your bud. Leave it alone until you're busting the bud up for use. The bud will taste better, the trim will taste better. In fact if you're bothered by the taste of your trim at that point, youve learned to go back to the drawing board, and change your grow up, because you shouldn't be turned off by trim, its just airy, more thc, less volatile metabolites relative to the sticky bud.

You shouldn't be stressing the plant at all at/after harvest, only immediately before. It just pisses off the weed gods when you pick on a plant that can no longer defend itself, and the weed gods will not bless you with the dank. Whoever told you to trim that shit did not have anything in mind but selling drugs as quick as possible, showing their qualifications in life.

Some people wet trim their entire lives and never have a clue about quality. I don't think those people smoke, its just ornamental hydro they are growing good to take photos of nothing more. If that's why you grow just do whatever you can do get a nice green pretty bud in front of the camera, dip it in food coloring if you want.

Top Bottom