HARVESTING, DRYING, AND CURRING PROCEDURE

• Thread starter CLYD_ILEY
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CLYD_ILEY

Well , I don’t have a degree or anything but I guess I deserve one because my weed comes out fabulous every time . I think I got all my info out of a book called cannabis growing 101 . Lol ! I start out by trimming branches and bringing them to my basement. I then trim to smaller stems so they are manageable. I then trim all sugar leafs off of the buds and save all leafs for hash . Some people prefer to keep sugar leafs on for drying , it’s preference ! After trimming buds meticulously I hang the stems off my floor joists with tacks . I have a fan run down there in the distance circulating air but not directly on them . It usually takes about a week but there is no scientific time limit . I then place my buds in large mouth burp canning jars with a digital barometer and I pull a vacuum on the jar . The jars are made for this . I burp them every two days for about a month and then I leave the vacuum for a week for a month . Total drying time for me is usually four months . They say the longer the better but I can’t imagine better so oh well . You want the humidity sensor to be 60 % or a little lower . Again preference! I forgot to say that I also take all buds out of jars once a week and spread out on news paper for 15 minutes . Drying is a long slow process and can be very frustrating because you want to dig in ! Lol . Patience is a virtue ! Not sure if I left anything out but that’s it for me . I know everyone’s different and that’s what makes the world go around ! Good luck to everyone . I had to hang these buds early because the stems snapped from three days of drizzle rain . I couldn’t just throw them away . And here’s a picture of a burp jar which I’m sure most of you have View attachment 1279791
THANK YOU, APPRECIATE YOU SHARING YOUR LEARNED EXPERIENCE

Latest posts

Top Bottom