Harvesting early due to mold?

• Thread starter Kuba
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kuba

Kuba

hey y'all, the weather forecast says it'll only be raining the next 2 weeks or more and i already had to cut out quite a bit of mold because of it, so i've been thinking of just cutting it early and hoping for the best? pretty new to growing so i'd love some input if it's even worth it or not

Harvesting early due to mold
Harvesting early due to mold 2
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Sometimes.. mother nature forces your hand outdoors. Not much you can do about it. If it's already had budrot, that means the fungal pathogen is in the plant and it's only a matter of time before it wipes out everything. With 2 weeks of rain forecast? It doesn't stand much of a chance.

I've tossed dozens of pounds in the compost pile over the years from outdoor plants. I don't mess with flowers outside anymore for that reason. Too much work goes in to roll the dice with the weather during flower.

Kuba

Kuba

Sometimes.. mother nature forces your hand outdoors. Not much you can do about it. If it's already had budrot, that means the fungal pathogen is in the plant and it's only a matter of time before it wipes out everything. With 2 weeks of rain forecast? It doesn't stand much of a chance.

I've tossed dozens of pounds in the compost pile over the years from outdoor plants. I don't mess with flowers outside anymore for that reason. Too much work goes in to roll the dice with the weather during flower.
i totally agree, it's def more work than indoors, but since it's illegal here to grow indoor i sadly have no choice. so do you reckon the taste and high will be alright?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
i totally agree, it's def more work than indoors, but since it's illegal here to grow indoor i sadly have no choice. so do you reckon the taste and high will be alright?
Not really. It is what it is šŸ¤·

For next year a greenhouse is what you need if you can't grow indoors. Get the plants covered, and in the fall you can stick a dehumidifier in it, you can burn sulphur in it too.

Narsbars

Narsbars

Smoking bud rot spores can let live spores into your nice dark damp lungs. Spores like damp, dark spaces. You can get a deadly effect from the wrong spores. https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/14770-aspergillosis#:~:text=The mold spores can colonize (grow) inside lung,of fungus is called an aspergilloma or mycetoma. It is somewhat rare and most likely to affect you if you are compromised or sick, but know your risks first. https://www.amsterdamgenetics.com/bud-rot-botrytis-on-cannabis-prevention-and-treatment/

Last edited:
brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Had to harvest early last year, these damn snails just came out of nowhere after a large rain fall, the bud was still fantastic to smoke but those slugs ate the fattest chunks off the crown buds. :(

What strain is your girl?

Kuba

Kuba

Had to harvest early last year, these damn snails just came out of nowhere after a large rain fall, the bud was still fantastic to smoke but those slugs ate the fattest chunks off the crown buds. :(

What strain is your girl?
so sorry for the late comment I only check here during the season. You probably don't care anymore but I'd hate to not comment back, this was an L.A. Confidential, from DNA Genetics. Grew nicely but it was a photoperiod, which I now know to not be ideal for our climate. groeten uit NL!

Latest posts

Top Bottom