Harvesting Friday. What’s everyone’s preferred humidity and temps for drying?

• Thread starter Zunk99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zunk99

Zunk99

I’m harvesting my first grow on Friday. Just seeing what everyone does when they dry.

growsince79

growsince79

I’m harvesting my first grow on Friday. Just seeing what everyone does when they dry.
65-70f @ 55-60rh is my preferred- usually never happens exactly that way and it doesn't matter much as long as temps are low and it dries slow. Paper bags work well if humidity is too low.

Zunk99

Zunk99

65-70f @ 55-60rh is my preferred- usually never happens exactly that way and it doesn't matter much as long as temps are low and it dries slow. Paper bags work well if humidity is too low.
Yea I should be good at keeping 50-60 rh temps should be right around 60-65 with no lights on. Also perfect temp out where I live right now so won’t be hard to keep the temp down.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

60 60 is ideal imo

Lower temperatures seem to give a slower dry

SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

TEMPERATURE THC OIL BOILS

At what temperature does THC oil boil? What temperature should I set my vaporizer at?

Michael G.,
Internet

THC has a boiling point of 200°C (392°F). However before the THC boils, other parts of the oil evaporate and boil.

Here are some important temperatures: At 21°C (70°F) the most volatile terpenoids start to evaporate, lending a pungent odor to the air.

At 31°C (87°F) the less volatile terpenoids start to evaporate, lending the air even more pungent odors.

At 39°C (102°F ) vir tually all of the terpenoids undergo evaporation fairly rapidly.

At 50°C (122°F) THC-Acid decarboxylates as the water molecule held in the carbonate form evaporates. This activates the THC.

At 66°C (150°F) Cannabidiol (CBD) melts and starts to evaporate.

At 185°C (365°F) Cannibinol (CBN) boils.

At 200°C (392°F) THC boils. Clear vapor from a vaporizer.

I stay between 65-68F 60% Rh. Below 70F at all times. This past winter I took advantage of the garage temps and let it cool the grow room. I dried @ 40F-50F, 60% Rh

Top Bottom