harvesting , nest technique

• Thread starter NBfrost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NBfrost

hey all , ive been tring the search option , but i dont think i am having any luck . so here is my question , i think that there are 4 plants of my batch that are ready , but i plan on flushing starting now , also i was wondering what is the best technique to harvest . humidity and temp ??? air flow etc .. i have dryed my sare of outdoor crops , but i do not have access to my hay loft anymore , where the conditions were just right .. here are some pics

Harvesting  nest technique

Harvesting  nest technique 2

Harvesting  nest technique 3

Harvesting  nest technique 4

K

Kief Stoned

It may be just me, but imho those plants dont look ready yet. Maybe its the pics or maybe im just used to harvesting late for more of a stone.

N

NBfrost

the tric's are still milky white , they havent started to turn opaque . but i was reading an article in hight times , and in the article it was stating that dr. paul g mahlberg tested the resin heads , and stated that it was at its peak when the resin head was still clear . ???before turning opaque or amber ... I guess what i am wondering is , will it still be ok to flush for a week or so , or will it be degrading my thc .. I made a rookie mistake and i did not keep a proper close eye on the development of my buds .. lol pluse the red hairs are about 60 % red ... any thoughts ?

K

Kief Stoned

the tric's are still milky white , they havent started to turn opaque . but i was reading an article in hight times , and in the article it was stating that dr. paul g mahlberg tested the resin heads , and stated that it was at its peak when the resin head was still clear . ???before turning opaque or amber ... I guess what i am wondering is , will it still be ok to flush for a week or so , or will it be degrading my thc .. I made a rookie mistake and i did not keep a proper close eye on the development of my buds .. lol pluse the red hairs are about 60 % red ... any thoughts ?

My thoughts.. That article was ( in my opinion ) complete bullshit, lol. Peak when clear? :sign0065:

T

treehugger

My thoughts.. That article was ( in my opinion ) complete bullshit, lol. Peak when clear? :sign0065:

Ya, i mean after 20yrs of wisdom collected from hs dropouts and potheads, who wants to listen to someone with a doctorate and the benefit of scientific analysis...

K

Kief Stoned

Ya, i mean after 20yrs of wisdom collected from hs dropouts and potheads, who wants to listen to someone with a doctorate and the benefit of scientific analysis...

No offense, but flaming me for my comment is uncalled for to be honest.. Do you know wtf in my opinion means? HS dropouts? Who the fuck do you think I am ? You Holier than thou attitude having SOB.

And hell ,if the THC is peak when the heads are clear that means I can harvest at 1 week flowering then huh? .. Pffft.. FFS.. Clear thrichs = most potent weed? I dont give a fuck if Albert Einstien himself told me that while holding a bible on his death bed. I'd still call BS. So.. "Heres your sign"...

842d9de5021f9b7af4fdf3e0cf96189c_view.jpg

G

guilty

From the research in the article it seems the thc content is at its highest when the trichs are still mostly clear, although if i remember right the research never really went into cb's.

From my own experience i prefer to harvest at mostly cloudy with no amber. I find that this produces the high i prefer which is more uplifting. I was always told to harvest at amber and this produced flowers that had a downer feel and this was not what i was looking for. I believe that strain plays a role as well.

If bud with amber trichs gives you your favorite high then that's what you should aim for, its your preference.

K

Kief Stoned

As I was saying, " clear heads/trichs " is far far far ( u get the idea ) too vague of a statement. If clear, they look the same at week 7-8 as they do at week 3-4.. And I know for a FACT that weed taken at 3-4 weeks is not nearly as potent/good etc etc etc as weed taken at week 7-8. EVEN with clear heads. Its also my experience that weed taken with clear heads doesnt come anywhere close to weed taken when the heads are mostly cloudy as far as potency etc is concerned. But even with that said, I always try to take mine with 1/2 cloudy and 1/2 amber. Because I prefer the stone versus the up high. As I smoke mainly to reduce anxiety and help with insomnia, it is defeating the purpose and actually makes my anxiety and insomnia worse if I smoke weed taken too early. ESPECIALLY Satty dom's..

j wizzle

j wizzle

that herb isnt anywhere near finished...looks like you have 4 weeks left. 2-3 with nutes, 1 with a flush. those nugs havent even started to pack on the weight yet.

clear trichs and your bud is ripe??? bullshit... i dont care what degree someone has....i would rather listen to the hippie who dropped out but has been growing dank for 20 years than the guy who went to school for 8 years, sits in a lab and writes articles for high times....half the shit in high times is bullshit.

when your hairs are say completely orange, completely recceeded into the calyx, and you bud is almost glowing amber due to the trichs turning colors, then your bud is done. im not looking for that "sativa type head high" from my indica dom strains....

if you want a sativa high, spend the 90+ days and grow some sativa.

K

Kief Stoned

if you want a sativa high, spend the 90+ days and grow some sativa.

Or just go smoke some meth/crack , lmao. I am only interested in Indica type highs. Hell, im hyper enough as it is lol. I know Sativas have there place and has its fans.. DIff ppl like diff things.. But its just not for me..BTW, Did I mention I hate sativa type highs?

j wizzle

j wizzle

top is a pic of a finished bud...notice all hairs are orange and 80% of them are fully receeded into the calyx...

the bottom pic is of a sativa dom....this is the first day of the flush, it still has a good 10 days to go. look at the hairs, around 50/50 white orange. just look at the density of the bud too.

if you chopped what you have now, youre missing 1/2 the wieght and are going to have some airy fluff on your hands...

IMG 0901 resize
IMG 0886 resize
K

Kief Stoned

top is a pic of a finished bud...notice all hairs are orange and 80% of them are fully receeded into the calyx...

the bottom pic is of a sativa dom....this is the first day of the flush, it still has a good 10 days to go. look at the hairs, around 50/50 white orange. just look at the density of the bud too.

Wow looking good wizzle. Damn good!

if you chopped what you have now, youre missing 1/2 the wieght and are going to have some airy fluff on your hands...

Thats what I was trying to tell him... Theres nothing worse than spending 70+ days growing a plant only to make all that time and effort wasted ( imho ) by taking them down 7-14 days too soon. You have waited this long, so jsut wait a few more weeks. It will be well worth it.

It may be just me, but imho those plants dont look ready yet.

:hi

N

NBfrost

thanks for the info , I was just wondering , i know that 3/4 of my plants are not ready yet , its just i have 4 blueberry in with them that are getting pretty ripe , I was basically just wondering how fast it starts to go the other way when they become over ripe ? also what is your favorite way to dry , i usually just cut full plant down and hang in dark area , but i dont have that luxery , i am thinking of triming them mostly before i cut them , then spred them out on my drying rack . what do u think proper humidity and temp should be ? 45 - 50 % adn about 25 c ?

K

Kief Stoned

Is it DJ's Blueberry? Alot of strains of Blueberry take a loooong time to finish. Im talking 12+ weeks of flowering.

j wizzle

j wizzle

i have trimmed before drying before and it turned out crap. you need to hang dry as well or your buds will look like shit.

the drying/curing process is just as important as growing the plants. again, like was stated above, why take 70+ days growing, just to ruin your crop? you NEED to find a way to hang them up, or youre going to get that cheap looking machine trimmed look.

you can also chop your blueberry in like day 3 of the flush, and give the rest of the plants a good 10-14 day flush so they can finish up.

as long as you have all the cal-mag and N cut down (which you should by the end), you wont have a bad taste in your bud.....taste is all about the drying/curing, not so much the flush IMO

M

mastergreen

lolololol rite so true! growing does pay for my books and units tho haha xP

N

NBfrost

I think i will take the advise , and had dry them . do u think it would hurt to remove the fan leaves ? IM not sure the where the blueberry is originally from , but i got the cut from a friend , I will I dont think it will take that long , i have budded them out last year outside and they were dont by the end of september

Latest posts

Top Bottom