Harvesting revegging and harvesting again?

• Thread starter Foutwenty71
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

It can be done.

Just a question tho why?

The time it takes to reveg a plant and for it to come out of it's stress phase, along with repotting it if it's in dirt and a container, so it won't be root bound. Wouldn't it be a lot quicker to just take a clone and start a new plant before it flowers? Ill reveg something as a last resort if I end up losing a clone or wanted to keep a plant and didn't have a copy.

Honestly just curious
Railing cal mag like coke....lol.... this years motto is Cal mag is the enemy...lol...i got one lady that give me the middle finger if i even show her the bottle let alone give it to her.....J/k ...but i'm really not...all other plants love that stuff but i got one that dont

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Railing cal mag like coke....lol.... this years motto is Cal mag is the enemy...lol...i got one lady that give me the middle finger if i even show her the bottle let alone give it to her.....J/k ...but i'm really not...all other plants love that stuff but i got one that dont
Every strain is different. Idk after a while the plant "tells" you what it needs the first time around. Then the feeding for that strain becomes second nature. I'm not going to bore you with MORE plant pics for examples. But there is a BIG difference between the first Pineapple Muffin I did and the two that came after it. I've been growing White Widow forever. It's like my danky stanky staple must have a gallon jar of those buds at all times or life ends. It definitely has its unique needs. I don't think there is really a one size fits all nute approach that works. I mix different formulas and have different schedules for all of it. Tons of them have a lot in common, but for a plant to be the best it can be? It's not always the same. My big widow that I'm working on now has the main cola at over a foot long and it is filling in VERY nicely. It's getting DELUGED with cal mag. But that's because it is in a 5 gallon grow bag instead of a 10 gallon. Soil is depleted. And it's WAAAAAAAAY too late to rebag her. So that dirt is more like coco fiber at this point with absolutely no viable nute value. The Pineapple Muffin plants were supposed to be TALL. Yeah bullshit. I've got two 2.5 ft tall indicas that a) auto flowered when they shouldn't have. b) are in 5 gallon bags too BUT their soil is solid. c) weren't topped because of the supposed height I was going to get out of them. I was looking for 4 feet. So the way they are fed is MUCH different than what the widow is getting. But the first PM? Hah! That thing is topped, trained, and just started flowering. But the soil in that bag is probably 50% to 60% as that plant has been vegging for 12 weeks now. So even though it is Pineapple Muffin, its nutrient needs are much different than the single cola, younger PMs. I guess what I'm trying to say is they are ALL different and there are fluctuations within the strain depending on its environment, soil, light.

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

Every strain is different. Idk after a while the plant "tells" you what it needs the first time around. Then the feeding for that strain becomes second nature. I'm not going to bore you with MORE plant pics for examples. But there is a BIG difference between the first Pineapple Muffin I did and the two that came after it. I've been growing White Widow forever. It's like my danky stanky staple must have a gallon jar of those buds at all times or life ends. It definitely has its unique needs. I don't think there is really a one size fits all nute approach that works. I mix different formulas and have different schedules for all of it. Tons of them have a lot in common, but for a plant to be the best it can be? It's not always the same. My big widow that I'm working on now has the main cola at over a foot long and it is filling in VERY nicely. It's getting DELUGED with cal mag. But that's because it is in a 5 gallon grow bag instead of a 10 gallon. Soil is depleted. And it's WAAAAAAAAY too late to rebag her. So that dirt is more like coco fiber at this point with absolutely no viable nute value. The Pineapple Muffin plants were supposed to be TALL. Yeah bullshit. I've got two 2.5 ft tall indicas that a) auto flowered when they shouldn't have. b) are in 5 gallon bags too BUT their soil is solid. c) weren't topped because of the supposed height I was going to get out of them. I was looking for 4 feet. So the way they are fed is MUCH different than what the widow is getting. But the first PM? Hah! That thing is topped, trained, and just started flowering. But the soil in that bag is probably 50% to 60% as that plant has been vegging for 12 weeks now. So even though it is Pineapple Muffin, its nutrient needs are much different than the single cola, younger PMs. I guess what I'm trying to say is they are ALL different and there are fluctuations within the strain depending on its environment, soil, light.
Ya probly cause i up-potted a couple of days before i started bloom so her natural light feeding tendencies are good for now with the nutrients i have in there already is my guess....but like the little kid in me i just had to give her some with the rest of the ladies thinking hmmm...it's the 3-4th week of flower...shes getting it whether she wants it or not.....i didnt get any real nute burn that i can see but she defoliated herself a little inside the canopy....80% or more was the oldest growth much of which was scarred by mites early on...combined with being damp longer than normal...thats my feeling but everything is magnified with this particular girl... named her Ms Picky....Buds still growing and never stopped so a guy cant complain to much i guess ...i actually like the lighter soils that needed to be watered more frequently but with the hot sun and only a 3.4 gal. pot i added about 30% sand rich quality black light castings aged and fermented with bone meal with a 30% perlite mix so the soil is heavier to counteract the fact that i read the SSH strain prefers a larger pot size to express her full potential....trying my best for perfection in the long run as the more i learn on this site the more i realize it was an Honer to receive the seed stock that i have... came in the mail as a B day presnt last year from a friend who i havent seen in 34 years... he bought the mr nice version as an f1 and worked it for a number of seasons on the west coast to get them where they are F2 and very potent...I'm like a kid with a new toy .... they are capable of growing ...Quote un Quote "Big azz Donkey dick sized buds with potency you never dreamed you could grow" he tells me....i just wont be able to do it in my natural climate without thinking outside the box...also sent me some purple urkles seeds....but my cat ate them seedling..lol little beastard..

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Ya probly cause i up-potted a couple of days before i started bloom so her natural light feeding tendencies are good for now with the nutrients i have in there already is my guess....but like the little kid in me i just had to give her some with the rest of the ladies thinking hmmm...it's the 3-4th week of flower...shes getting it whether she wants it or not.....i didnt get any real nute burn that i can see but she defoliated herself a little inside the canopy....80% or more was the oldest growth much of which was scarred by mites early on...combined with being damp longer than normal...thats my feeling but everything is magnified with this particular girl... named her Ms Picky....Buds still growing and never stopped so a guy cant complain to much i guess ...i actually like the lighter soils that needed to be watered more frequently but with the hot sun and only a 3.4 gal. pot i added about 30% sand rich quality black light castings aged and fermented with bone meal with a 30% perlite mix so the soil is heavier to counteract the fact that i read the SSH strain prefers a larger pot size to express her full potential....trying my best for perfection in the long run as the more i learn on this site the more i realize it was an Honer to receive the seed stock that i have... came in the mail as a B day presnt last year from a friend who i havent seen in 34 years... he bought the mr nice version as an f1 and worked it for a number of seasons on the west coast to get them where they are F2 and very potent...I'm like a kid with a new toy .... they are capable of growing ...Quote un Quote "Big azz Donkey dick sized buds with potency you never dreamed you could grow" he tells me....i just wont be able to do it in my natural climate without thinking outside the box...also sent me some purple urkles seeds....but my cat ate them seedling..lol little beastard..

When I'm a bad mood, I just go look at my plants. Puts a grin on my face every time lol!!! It's crazy the amount of variance there is in growing methods from person to person when we all are looking for the exact same outcome... danky stanky budz...

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

Okay just a brief update on the one that was harvested May 31st.... Me personally there's no way in hell I'm getting any clone or seed to do this in 33 days... This thing is going back into flower in a week because I don't want a plant that is too big to manage and I already know it's going to put out three times what it put out the first time.. happy Fourth of July everyone

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
i went a year

without allowing this back in my home

freaked EVERYONE out who tried it

now

i wish they weren't sold out

White Widow is actually a very very strange strain now. It used to be an indica/sativa plant that formed an enormous main cola like an indica, and then side branched like a sativa. The variants on the market are predominant indica with slight sativa traits. The strain I'm growing has been done for more than a decade by a buddy of mine. He's one of those guys who builds his own seedbanks. So what this strain that I'm growing REALLY is? I have no clue. His plants are the closest that I remember growing from seeds purchased from Marc Emery LONG LONG ago and I'm grateful to have run into something close to the original again. I can tell you that this stuff isn't quite as bitchy as HSC seeds. Those things... man if you fart wrong they call you on it... instantly. I was forced to look outside of my own stock again after a house fire destroyed everything. No it wasn't my grow room that did it. It was a bad electrical contractor. But starting over? Zero in bud jar. Zero in the seed bank? Gah! Some days it is fun. Some it's not so fun. But today I cut two lower nodes off of my WW and they are paper bag curing because I'm running low on smoke lol. Can't wait to see the re-veg experiment happen up there. Pretty excited about what he is doing.

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

I'm seriously encouraged after one day of some very mild LST it's actually turning into quite a nice bush and growing fast with these 90° temperatures and a lot of moisture in the air

The other one I revenged and is flowering again looks pretty good for No LST

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

I'm seriously encouraged after one day of some very mild LST it's actually turning into quite a nice bush and growing fast with these 90° temperatures and a lot of moisture in the airView attachment 995786
The other one I revenged and is flowering again looks pretty good for No LSTView attachment 995787View attachment 995788
Interesting thread. I’m keeping my eye on this. I may have to try this 420!
i think I prefer your typo though, call it revenging rather than revegging. Revenge buds!! 🤣

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

Another quick update on the two plants that I'm regrowing... The one in flower got a few yellow leaves last week it was pretty hot and I overcompensated with the water making her a little hungry I think.. only had around 460 ppm's in the water runoff that organics don't test accurate that way... The one that I harvested May 31st is doing extremely well and I was able to take 4 cuts off of her this week...probably going to send it into flower fairly soon because I don't want to up Pot it for space reasons when I have to move back indoors...

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

Even though I said I wasn't going to up pot this plant I did so anyway..she was rootbound went from a 2-gallon to three and a half gallon pot good to go the rest of the way... Had to treat her for mites today.... And then the other one that I harvested rev-ged is now blooming again looks beautiful what can I say I wish I would have let her get bigger, but I just didn't know if what I was going to do was going to work now I know
IMG 20200719 164553944
IMG 20200719 164538385

This plant was harvested on May 31st...over the Long Haul doesn't appear to be any faster but she was root bound for quite a while I will say and had two might invasions or she might be bigger
IMG 20200719 164634503
IMG 20200719 164436828
IMG 20200719 164314159
IMG 20200719 164510221

This one I harvested back in April don't remember exact date, mid April ish.... I'm losing track of the days I think this one has three weeks or so to go

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

Well it's the last day of July and I'm within a week of harvest of the first plant that I reveged.. surprisingly decent yield for such a small plant considering the longest branch on here is only about 11 and 1/2 inchs out of the soil

Pretty fat soft handel on that screwdriver for size reference
Too bad I ruin the lower half of the buds with neem oil because of mites but since I forgot to take a cut off of this plant and I really like the dense nugs I'm going to leave them and try to reveg it again so I can clone it.. just waiting for a little more Amber to show up

The one I harvested May 31st started getting 12 hours of sunlight last Saturday and is in the stretch now.. if she turns out to be a bigger model of the one that I have In flower now I will be very happy... Buds will be close to the size of a 16 oz bottle of Dasani water providing I don't screw it up and there's nothing wrong with that..

IMG 20200731 094917176 HDR

So next winter those of you growing indoors and like to do some growing outdoors like I do ,think about reveging the one you just harvested and put it outside .... I got one more going...this one's been in the dirt a little over two weeks since the chop and is at the mercy of mother nature

90% of the green you see in there is new growth... What do you want to bet weather permitting I get some more off her by the end of October... Well over a month past the soulstice now and she still carrying hormones is my theory... Just might go a little faster we shall see.. saying I'm going to get a bunch of smoke off there but something is better than nothing....TGIF¡!!!

Top Bottom