Harvesting Skywalker OG, but no smell.

• Thread starter GrandmaGanja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

I had a few plants come down in a storm a few weeks ago and had to harvest them slightly early. I was able to wait and will be harvesting my last plant this weekend. However, there is no smell. There is SOME smell, faint smell of fresh bud in the house, but that's it. And I have close to 5 lb hanging in the basement. I have some curing in a jar, and that also has barely a smell to it. Any idea why? Will it come out after a few weeks in cure? These are some real buds, and I figured the smell would be comically intense, but it's nigh nonexistent.

R

redshift75

not all strains and grows have the same smells. IDK im also told i cant smell weed. I say 'this doesnt smell at all' my life partner who doesnt smoke is all over there 'BS IT SMELLS LIKE A SKUNK' so you know. Im not the best person to discuss this subject with. I do however catch good smells of my outdoor when the wind blows. But when i get close i can only smell it when i start to touch the plants and smell my fingers. or bring the bud to my nose.

Hopefully curing and drying if you do it slow will bring out the flavors and terp aromas. But alot of times it can come down to the smoke or sitting in a jar for a few weeks before you can really get that concentrated smell In my opinion.

again lots of variables to it. if you are doing everything that you know to be right. Then id not worry and it will turn out good smoke. Drying is where it matters most. If you go to fast its going to get that hay taste and smell. I have a 1/4 in front me from another grower. I dont even want to smoke, cause it smokes like dry grass. With the taste to match. So dont risk killing what flavors are there by rushing the drying to get to curing. Is best advice i have.

Anthem

Anthem

I had a few plants come down in a storm a few weeks ago and had to harvest them slightly early. I was able to wait and will be harvesting my last plant this weekend. However, there is no smell. There is SOME smell, faint smell of fresh bud in the house, but that's it. And I have close to 5 lb hanging in the basement. I have some curing in a jar, and that also has barely a smell to it. Any idea why? Will it come out after a few weeks in cure? These are some real buds, and I figured the smell would be comically intense, but it's nigh nonexistent.
If the plants got hot like multiple days of 100 degree temperatures it can have an effect on the smell. I believe the terps start to burn up at the heat rises.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Harvesting early is most likely the cause , many plants will explode with aroma in the last week ....
In many cases it's night and day , if they don't run to full maturity they won't develope aroma to full potential , some strains are notorious for this ....
Maybe that's the case with your sky walker

dire wolf

dire wolf

Also why are some in jars and some still hanging ? The jars aren't going to help if the buds not completely dry ....
It will actually make the aroma worse in my opinion

linde

linde

a buddy of mine just harvested skywalker og outdoors. same scenario. tootie fruity crap. i guess thats what happens when you cross cousins with cousins.

Cracken

Cracken

i had sky walker kush and it was the most dank i have ever smelled. it was in a jar inside my car and i could smell it outside the car.

Top Bottom