Harvesting Time

• Thread starter richfletch
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NHWhites

NHWhites

Nice looking buds. That’s a wet trim so you want to make sure the rh is 60-65% to slow down the drying. Any remaining leaf matter should just crumble off

R

richfletch

I have a small fan blowing around underneath them for air flow. Unfortunately, I don’t have anything for the humidity, I’m just hoping it goes well on that. I bought some boveda 62 packets for when I cure it though

K

Kot

I would give you advice next time to cut the whole plant and hang it. Then dry trim it.

And now you must go and buy hygrometer and check the RH. It is crucial process.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Your Rh is a little high, but that can also work out well, giving a nice slow dryout. I usually leave the leaves on initially, it makes the plant dry slower and makes it easier to trim later, but if it works for you, then it is fine. Make sure that you keep the air moving (Your fan should work) in higher humidity levels, which will help to prevent mold and stuff...but a fan will also cause it to dry faster...its a bit of a balancing act.
All in all, your buds look great! It will usually take a few weeks after drying for the flavors to develop. The curing process is possibly more important than the drying process, but is pretty simple as long as you practice patience...which is the hardest part!

Madmax

Madmax

Trim it a little more,cut those green leaves off level with the bud...youve done a good job
so far.

sharprock

sharprock

Thats pretty much exactly how I trim mine. Its more a matter of personal preference and what your ambient humidity is. I'm growing in a damp root cellar so I wet trim everything off.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Thats pretty much exactly how I trim mine. Its more a matter of personal preference and what your ambient humidity is. I'm growing in a damp root cellar so I wet trim everything off.
This is the truth...it depends on the grower's preferences. The leaves are easier to see and cut off once it dries a little, so you can either cut them now or later...it doesn't matter too much. It's all in appearance and strain. Some strains are ridiculously easy to trim, while others are so dense you almost need a machete.

Top Bottom