Has Anybody Seen This Before!!! And There Are No Bugs.

• Thread starter Newtogrowing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

Hi all!!! This plant has me so confused. It all started when the plant was young. First thing I noticed that the leaves were getting little spots then little holes. I checked everywhere and no bugs. Then she has been vegging for over 50 days. Not sure if that is right for an auto. This plant is Sweet Mango from Greenhouse seeds. @Seamaiden if your out there can you tell me what the hell is going on. lolol. If anybody knows out there what it might be, please let me know this is the first plant that has ever did this to me. Some have said it is genetics.
Has anybody seen this before and there are no bugs
Has anybody seen this before and there are no bugs 2
Has anybody seen this before and there are no bugs 3
Has anybody seen this before and there are no bugs 4

OldPine

OldPine

Very strange! The second picture looked a lot like thrips to me...but then you said no bugs. Did you happen to also check the roots for any sort of infestation? If we can definitely rule out pests, then it almost looks like a mild boron deficiency.

What's your current pH?

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

Maybe she is just a genetic monster, she looks like she is about to go, though. Did you cut light to maybe try to induce it then go back to normal lighting?

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

Very strange! The second picture looked a lot like thrips to me...but then you said no bugs. Did you happen to also check the roots for any sort of infestation? If we can definitely rule out pests, then it almost looks like a mild boron deficiency.

What's your current pH?
My ph is around 6.0-6.5

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

And did you look at the plant with a loupe or the naked eye? In a way, the glossiness almost suggests broad or russet mites.
I looked at her with a loop. Didn't see any bugs. My other plant is doing just fine no problems.. What do you do to fix boron problem?

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

Maybe she is just a genetic monster, she looks like she is about to go, though. Did you cut light to maybe try to induce it then go back to normal lighting?
Yes, I cut the lights to 12-12 because she's been vegging for over 50 days. Can I switch the lights back to 18-6?

OldPine

OldPine

I looked at her with a loop. Didn't see any bugs. My other plant is doing just fine no problems.. What do you do to fix boron problem?

The biggest thing would be to correct pH. But you're in soil, right? For soil, boron should be absorbed just fine in the 6.0-6.5 range. This might begin to rule out boron being you problem. But before we dismiss it completely, what's your RH? Underwatering and/or low RH can make boron difficult to absorb...

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

The biggest thing would be to correct pH. But you're in soil, right? For soil, boron should be absorbed just fine in the 6.0-6.5 range. This might begin to rule out boron being you problem. But before we dismiss it completely, what's your RH? Underwatering and/or low RH can make boron difficult to absorb...
55-60 rh. I stopped the nutes and went to reverse osmosis water. The ph of the water is 6.0. This is the first plant to do this to me. lol.

OldPine

OldPine

55-60 rh. I stopped the nutes and went to reverse osmosis water. The ph of the water is 6.0. This is the first plant to do this to me. lol.

Like you, I'm beginning to feel stumped. You're RH is high enough that there shouldn't be problems absorbing boron. And your RH isn't so damn high that it would slow/prevent transpiration which could have also explained a slowing of absorption of nutrients (and could have pointed us back at boron).

...thinking...

OldPine

OldPine

It might just be the lighting, but I just looked back at your pics and it seems at least one of your stems is a dark purple. Is that the case? If so, would you normally expect purple stems for your genetics?

Purple stems where not expected can point to magnesium issues...

OldPine

OldPine

This is the first plant to do this to me. lol.

Don't you just love that? You can go ages without ever encountering a particular issue. And when you do, you feel like a brand new farmer all over again. At least I do. I ran into fox tails for my first time ever this week and all of a sudden I didn't know what the f*ck I'm supposed to do about it. Thank goodness this forum and others like it are around, or I wouldn't have produced a single decent crop unless by accident.

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

Don't you just love that? You can go ages without ever encountering a particular issue. And when you do, you feel like a brand new farmer all over again. At least I do. I ran into fox tails for my first time ever this week and all of a sudden I didn't know what the f*ck I'm supposed to do about it. Thank goodness this forum and others like it are around, or I wouldn't have produced a single decent crop unless by accident.
How True!!!! I have been growing for just about a year and a half now. The people here on the farm are fantastic!!! Can't say enough good things about the farm. They share there expertise with no problems. My first plant that I grew was Dark Devil and she foxtailed. But the smoke was incredible.

Last edited:
Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

:smoking:One other thing! She has been drinking alot of water. She is in a 2 gallon pot, and I give her a gallon of water at watering time. Which is like every 4-5 days. I do the pot lift to check the weight. She gets about 20% runoff. Now I had to water her today and I just watered 3 days ago. So I take it she's thirsty.... She's drinking good. lolol.

OldPine

OldPine

How True!!!! I have been growing for just about a year and a half now. The people here on the farm are fantastic!!! Can't say enough good things about the farm. They share there expertise with no problems. My first plant that I grew was Dark Devil and she foxtailed. But the smoke was incredible.

I'm with you regarding the farm. It's full of awesome people and it's so nice to see the sharing.

Did you smoke the actual foxtails, or did they end up in a hash bucket?

OldPine

OldPine

:smoking:One other thing! She has been drinking alot of water. She is in a 2 gallon pot, and I give her a gallon of water at watering time. Which is like every 4-5 days. I do the pot lift to check the weight. She gets about 20% runoff. Now I had to water her today and I just watered 3 days ago. So I take it she's thirsty.... She's drinking good. lolol.

Sounds like she's coming along nicely! Thirsty is a good thing!!

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

I'm with you regarding the farm. It's full of awesome people and it's so nice to see the sharing.

Did you smoke the actual foxtails, or did they end up in a hash bucket?
I smoked them!!! That plant was a great high..

OldPine

OldPine

Did @Seamaiden or anyone else happen to get back to you privately about your issue?

I'm really curious to find out what it is your plants are going through.

Latest posts

Top Bottom