Has anybody used those bowl bud trimmers from Amazon?

• Thread starter Spock
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Spock

Spock

I've been looking at the 16 inch and 19-in bowl trimmers on Amazon and I'm thinking of trying one. I work long hours and don't have a lot of spare time when it comes to harvesting. These things look ideal if you don't mind a less than perfectly trimmed bud. But my buds are already very sticky and tacky. A lot of people say to trim it when it's wet but I'm curious how good of a job it would do if the buds are really resinous. But other people say they work better when the buds are dry. So I don't know. I'm a little bit skeptical on how well they'll cut if your buds are sticky though. Has anybody used these things? Are they worth it?
Thanks and cheers.

SmanMo

SmanMo

I don't own one. A buddy of mine has one and tells me once you get a lot to process it is more than well worth it. They don't give you the same as done by hand, he says. It will be nice to see it in action in person.

Cypress66

Cypress66

I've been looking at the 16 inch and 19-in bowl trimmers on Amazon and I'm thinking of trying one. I work long hours and don't have a lot of spare time when it comes to harvesting. These things look ideal if you don't mind a less than perfectly trimmed bud. But my buds are already very sticky and tacky. A lot of people say to trim it when it's wet but I'm curious how good of a job it would do if the buds are really resinous. But other people say they work better when the buds are dry. So I don't know. I'm a little bit skeptical on how well they'll cut if your buds are sticky though. Has anybody used these things? Are they worth it?
Thanks and cheers.
Just got a lazy boy electric trimmer and they are for wet trimming and they are getting the most of the leaves off only used it once got it cheap but I wouldn’t be paying the price of it new. The one that you are talking about is it a hand cranked one spin pro i think they are the best one that is for a dry trim and i was looking at it myself. The best price range i could find was the eighty to ninety £ and they were very expensive otherwise it is something to look out for on eBay the price range is a lot better and then it will not be a big loss but it looks good on the videos you can see on YouTube the one i have is a time saver but I will still have to final trim but like i said only used it once and I cannot stand trimming is the most laborious job to be doing i saw one on eBay for £30 i wouldn’t be too upset if it didn’t work perfectly but it would have to do some trimming peace ✌️

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

I like mine, it cuts the trim time down significantly.

A job that before would take 24 hours is now done in 4.

20201226 130759
20201226 120234
20210722 133643

totamus

totamus

I have the 16" Vivosun and am very happy with it. It takes very little time to trim several plants with 5-8 ozs (dry) each. I trim wet, as soon as I harvest, then dry. A friend has the same model and started trimming dry, but had issues and went to wet. The kief that it collects is perfect for making hash. I would definitely buy again.

GreenFlexTiger420

GreenFlexTiger420

Don't use it if you like to keep the quality of your flower I worked with that bowl crap and it is so aggressive better get a trim brush and do dry trimming

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

I have the 16" Vivosun and am very happy with it. It takes very little time to trim several plants with 5-8 ozs (dry) each. I trim wet, as soon as I harvest, then dry. A friend has the same model and started trimming dry, but had issues and went to wet. The kief that it collects is perfect for making hash. I would definitely buy again.
so the vivosun one you have is only good to use if buds are wet? what happens if you throw dry buds in there, does it get demolished lol

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Don't use it if you like to keep the quality of your flower I worked with that bowl crap and it is so aggressive better get a trim brush and do dry trimming
Sample was harvested 7 weeks ago.
Call me old and blind but i don't think it's too bad

20211123 095230
Top Bottom